Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved] Empty Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 03:36

The game works fine, but for some reason the items that came with the expansion pack just doesn't work. The science machine doesn't let me research science even though it says that I can. The only thing I can do to the machine is tinker. My sim is a science and medicine major at university and she had a skeleton thing in her inventory, but it disappeared and then when I try to use the ones around campus it glitches similar to THIS. And lastly, the brain machine, she can use it, but she only uses it for like a minute or so. Is there a fix for this or is it something with the game that may need patching? Please help.

Last edited by Syddie on Thu 21 Mar 2013, 03:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved] Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 03:56

My science machine does everything it's supposed to, expect clone sims' DNA... oddly enough.
Have you checked CC/mods yet?
Also, if you haven't done so yet, I would try applying G4TW's store fix: this is the most recent. It can fix a lot of issues with items, such as the one you linked to.

Good luck! (:

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved] Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life Items Not Working [Solved]

Post by invalidusername Mon 18 Mar 2013, 04:13

Definitely try running the game without mods & cc if you have any. I know there was a lot changed, so uni has been acting strangely for people, even without reason occasionally.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Mar 2013, 02:54

The store fix didn't work. I can try to run the game without any mods or CC but at this point my game runs on so much that I'm worried it might make things worse, but I will try.

Edit: Removing the CC and mods worked, but most of my CC and mods were just clothes or NRaas mods and I'd really like to be able to play WITH those.

Edit 2: I put all my mods and CC back, but removed a mod that made my sims gain skills faster and show me the hidden skills and now The science machine is working with no problem alongside all my other mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top