Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) Empty Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 14:46

Hi,

The problem is that, when I try to approach the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells with a Sim, the Sim just moves every time a few steps backwards. So I cant use the item in any way. I've removed the installation (.Sims3Pack (MegaMagickSet)) from the game with the Launch.exe, and also the download file, and then I've again ran the MegaMagicSet, and the installation have been successful every time. So I've installed and removed that Pack alredy a few times, but that haven't helped.

I noticed you're StoreFix, but I wonder if that can be installed(?), because there reads the following in the '# Installation Guide' :
"These fixes assume you have all items installed the same way, either .package or .Sims3Pack."
But, I got both .package and .Sims3Pack.'s installed to the game.

Help

Back to top Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) Empty Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 04 Dec 2012, 07:52

Hello,

The storefix will fix that problem for you.
It's no problem that you have both sims3packs and packages. If all your store content is installed as sims3packs, just follow those instructions. If some of your store content is installed as packages and some as sims3packs, just follow the instructions for both.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly) Empty Re: Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells / Doesn't work (correctly)

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 14:43

Lady ElDi wrote:
The storefix will fix that problem for you.
It's no problem that you have both sims3packs and packages. If all your store content is installed as sims3packs, just follow those instructions. If some of your store content is installed as packages and some as sims3packs, just follow the instructions for both.

I moved the files according to the instructions where they belong, but that didn't solve the problem.
I've seen the cauldron, the crystal ball and the voodoo doll in the game but not the book. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 04 Dec 2012, 14:49

Hello,

I'm not sure if the spellbook is a separate sims3pack or part of a set, I think it's separate. But I'm not sure which month it's in.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 15:21

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure if the spellbook is a separate sims3pack or part of a set, I think it's separate. But I'm not sure which month it's in.

I think it's a whole set called 'MegaMagickSet' which I've installed. The set can be found from a file named: 'Store Update 33 - February 2012 (Part 1)'. So it's quite odd that the other items can be bought in the game, but not the book.

What should I do now when the problem is not solved yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:05

It's also here
http://www.mediafire.com/?qrc3b1zrriqtwd1
This is, I believe, just the spellbook.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:11

Oh thanks Smile I try to install that and then see if that will make some change or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:16

It seems that the package which I installed solved the problem and now the book works just fine, and the storefix helped also another item to work, which didn't work correctly earlier.

But then another thing yet, that isn't a such a big problem. I wonder why all the objects in the game are gray first when you get near them. They wont really get the "colour" on them if you don't zoom out. They're just like some gray lumps without the accurate form for the object. What could cause that?

Is it maybe because I have so many items/objects on the property (?), and maybe the graphics card also have an influence on that problem?Should I consider to buy a new card?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:21

Hello,

Most likely your graphicscard, it takes some time to display everything properly. What kind of card are you using?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 11:43

Hi,

I'm using the ASUS GT520 SILENT graphicscard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 06 Dec 2012, 22:05

Hello,

Please download and apply this driver: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.97-whql-driver-uk.html

Choose "Custom" and "Clean installation" during the installation wizard, if possible. Don't forget to restart your PC after updating. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 21:42

Hi,

The driver helped a little, but there were still som objects that were "gray lumps" for a while when I tested the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Dec 2012, 22:20

Hello,

Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 22:25

I have different Sims3Packs and Packages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Dec 2012, 22:48

Hello,

Please remove all of the versions you have now, and try this specific one from our official MedaFire account: http://goo.gl/ACgLa

(In combination with the latest "Store Fixes" from our official MediaFire account)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2012, 11:25

Hi,

Does that sims3pack help also other items, so that they won't occasionally be "gray lumps" a few minutes?

That pack is the megamagick set that's already been installed with the store fix, and the items from the set works fine, though they are also, like other items in the game, sometimes a small time gray objects before they've got the "colour and shape" on them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2012, 13:33

Does this happen every time you time visit a lot/place either from Townview or zooming in on your sim elsewhere than home or you just were playing, that all the items are gray and the color comes a short while after?

And it takes longer time the bigger and more stuff there are on the lot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2012, 14:26

Auntie Bella wrote:Does this happen every time you time visit a lot/place either from Townview or zooming in on your sim elsewhere than home or you just were playing, that all the items are gray and the color comes a short while after?

And it takes longer time the bigger and more stuff there are on the lot?

Yes, it happens every time, especially when I'm at my home lot just zooming near or far, which doesn't matter. The problem can also be seen in townview where whole community buildings are sometimes like invisible, also if you are zooming near the building(s). And for some items it takes a short time to get the colour, but for some items even a longer time, it seems that it depends on the item.

And it also takes a longer time the bigger and especially more stuff there is on the lot. At my home lot I hadn't first so much stuff in there but when I constructed more rooms and bought more objects on the lot, then it just became worse and worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Dec 2012, 17:37

This is actually a very normal thing with the game. It doesn't keep everything in town loaded at all moments, or else it would run very slow, so whenever you switch lots, it has to render the objects. This even happens on top-of-the line brand new gaming computers, though the time it takes to load is a lot less. I don't think that you can do anything to stop this, honestly.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 13:17

All right, so it wouldn't help to buy a little bit "faster" Graphics card?
At least that would maybe increase the speed of the game a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Dec 2012, 13:30

Hello,

It really depends, your graphicscard meets the minimum requirements it'll be a definite improvement but if it meets or exceeds the recommended requiremtns it won't make any difference at all I'm afraid.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 14:51

Ok, that's a harm. My card has enough memory, but I'm not sure if my card has the pixel shader support, but I guess it has because otherwise the game wouldn't work properly. And I found a site about my card, which contains some info about the card.

event.asus.com/vga/2011/engt520

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Dec 2012, 17:18

Hello,

Well that one probably exceeds the recommended requirements so buying a better one probably won't make any difference.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 09 Dec 2012, 17:20

If you'd like to find out, this site will give you details on how your graphics card, along with the rest of your system, measures up for the sims. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 16:49

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Well that one probably exceeds the recommended requirements so buying a better one probably won't make any difference.
Ok, well then I just have to deal with it then WhatDidUJustCallMe?

invalidusername wrote:If you'd like to find out, this site will give you details on how your graphics card, along with the rest of your system, measures up for the sims. Smile

Thanks a lot! That's a very useful site Very Happy

Then I don't have anymore than just one small thing that have been a bit of a problem, but should I still discuss it in this topic or start a new one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top