Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Delete.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can Delete. Empty Can Delete.

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 05:03

Hello, Please do not tell me my specs are horrible. I know they are. For gaming-wise. My computer is a tablet computer, which sucks for games. But I've never had a problem with Sims 3 with all expansions.

So I have Windows 8. ( Refuses to update to 8.1 yet til the bugs are fixed.)

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD graphics 1.40 graphics.
Installed Memory: 4GB
System Type: 64 bit.

Here's my problem:

Recently I've gotten back into Sims, and Awhile ago. I did the update. The new one. And then all the lag happened, Then I deleted everything and came back a few months later and redid everything and I still have the lag. ( I was into other games those months.)
MIND YOU. The game ran perfectly before that. No lags No glitches. Nothing.
Then I did it and boom. We got lag etc etc.

It takes me an hour to go to bathroom. Especially if I live with another sim. Alone is still slow but she moves and gets things done.
Loading Screen stops at 95% and stays there for multiple minutes.

How do I remove the lag?

I've seen the guides on how to remove Lag and frankly it confuses me. ._.

I've done the remove scriptcache etc etc.

That's all really, I haven't done much then that.

Does running it as the Admin help?

//EDIT

Nevermind, Problem solved. o:

Last edited by Tetolyz on Fri 02 May 2014, 06:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Can Delete. Empty Re: Can Delete.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 May 2014, 11:59

Tetolyz wrote:Hello, Please do not tell me my specs are horrible. I know they are. For gaming-wise. My computer is a tablet computer, which sucks for games. But I've never had a problem with Sims 3 with all expansions.

So I have Windows 8. ( Refuses to update to 8.1 yet til the bugs are fixed.)

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon (tm) HD graphics 1.40 graphics.
Installed Memory: 4GB
System Type: 64 bit.

Here's my problem:

Recently I've gotten back into Sims, and Awhile ago. I did the update. The new one. And then all the lag happened, Then I deleted everything and came back a few months later and redid everything and I still have the lag. ( I was into other games those months.)
MIND YOU. The game ran perfectly before that. No lags No glitches. Nothing.
Then I did it and boom. We got lag etc etc.

It takes me an hour to go to bathroom. Especially if I live with another sim. Alone is still slow but she moves and gets things done.
Loading Screen stops at 95% and stays there for multiple minutes.

How do I remove the lag?

I've seen the guides on how to remove Lag and frankly it confuses me. ._.

I've done the remove scriptcache etc etc.

That's all really, I haven't done much then that.

Does running it as the Admin help?

//EDIT

Nevermind, Problem solved. o:

Hello,

In your case, I'd see the graphics chip as the weakness - these "integrated" graphics (not "real" graphics cards, but rather small "chips" that are integrated into your motherboard) tend to be unsuitable for gaming purposes, at least in the long run. And you certainly won't be doing your graphics chip a favor, if you play demanding games like TS3 plus expansions; so one day you may even encounter hardware damage.

You do not have to have a $2,500+ top-of-the-line gaming desktop computer for being able to play TS3, but on the other hand though, if the hardware is too weak, then this can't be a long-term solution, so if you can, you might consider saving up for something better than your current system. I can imagine that this is something many people don't want to hear, but there is no real "substitute" for capable hardware. But here are some "workarounds" you could still try:

As for your problem, have you already tried lowering the graphics in the in-game options menu, especially resolution, draw distance, edge smoothing and lot detail ? (or just lower all the graphics settings). Also, have you tried the tool "GameBooster" (look on Piratebay) ? It can help you close unnecessary background services and processes, and thereby free up system resources for your gaming.

But I'm happy to hear you seemingly managed to solve your issue. Smile Can you tell me though how exactly you did it (for the others to know about this) ? Did you do something along the lines of my suggestions, or anything else ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top