Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed? Empty Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 04:57

Ok, well first off I downloaded the Black Box Complete Edition and then decided to install the latest expansions and update(It was 1.34 before and then I used the super patcher to update to 1.50). After patching it wouldn't let me start the launcher or game(this was FINALLY after downloading the dsetup.dll to get the patcher to work). I uninstalled the complete edition, the university and seasons that I had downloaded either from deleting the actual folders from Programs or the uninstall provided with the Black Box install which didn't include anything past Katy Perrys expansion I believe. Also, it won't let me uninstall ANYTHING from the Uninstall a Program. It says I don't have enough permissions and I need to contact the systems administrator except for the fact that I am the administrator...

I also tried the ULTIMATE fix to see if that would work but to no avail. I gave up trying with the black box torrent I had. So, I downloaded the game and every expansion from you guys. Once those finished I mounted the first two discs for the Sims but then it opened up the..wait for it... the launcher that I thought I had uninstalled? And then said the error from before, "There was a problem when starting the launcher" or something like that. So I went and deleted some files that were left that were associated with the Sims 3. Finally I got it to just run the normal install wizard or whatever. Though, when that starts up it says that the 1.50xxxxx version is still installed and that it needs to be uninstalled before installing the game. I have literally searched my entire computer for ANY sims 3 file or folder and deleted them. It still says that and still won't let me uninstall the game or any expansions from the Uninstall a Program; there isn't an icon beside those except for a blank page. When I try to uninstall The Sims 3 it just says unhandled exception or something like that and closes. I have tried for 2 days to get this to work but to no avail. How could the 1.50 update STILL be installed when I uninstalled the game(Remember I did use the uninstall program provided with the black box complete edition though they still remain in Uninstall A Program)

Back to top Go down

Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed? Empty Re: Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed?

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 11:51

hello you have to follow this topic if you want to install the black box version

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7496-how-to-install-supernatural-w-blackbox-complete-pack?highlight=blackbox

the most important thing is to choose the second choice (custom) during installation of the blackbox version and install it to the folder programe files/Electronic Arts

ill suggest you to save your downloads to an external hard first then restore your computer to an earlier point from the safe mood (before 3 or 4 days ) after that follow the steps in the above thread

Back to top Go down

Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed? Empty Re: Unable to Reinstall - Says Latest update is still installed?

Post by invalidusername Tue 26 Mar 2013, 14:45

Try using Your Uninstaller! Pro from g4tw to completely uninstall the programs. Use Super mode when doing so. Then you /should/ be able to install the individual games, after a restart of your computer, of course. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top