Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch) Empty Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch)

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016, 13:05

Hi. I've been playing Sims 4 since November 2015. I have followed all the instructions each time there is an ultimate fix being released for the lastest patch. But this time, with the latest fix (Dine Out pack), I always get the error message: "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure Origin client is not running."

So I tried to re-install the latest fix, then tried running the game as an administrator, but I still get the same error message. It's just weird though that I was able to run the game once the first time I installed the latest fix, but now I can't. I don't even have an Origin installed, so this is really a weird error message. I have read that another simmer was getting the same error message, but I don't think it was really solved. Can anyone help me please? I'm really getting frustrated  Why God.

Back to top Go down

Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch) Empty Re: Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch)

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016, 13:08

Hello, and welcome to the forum, Very Happy 
have you made sure to MOVE away the install folder "The Sims 4", from C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts ? The folder can be moved directly under C:\Program files (x86), or even C:\Program files.

Delete any desktop shortcuts you may still have, and re-create new desktop shortcuts for the game. Then try running TS4 again and see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch) Empty Re: Unable to launch Sims 4 after the latest fix installed (with the Dine Out patch)

Post by Guest Thu 11 Aug 2016, 13:15

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. And yes, I've done all of those even before I've posted in this forum..I've followed all the instructions..but I still couldn't launch it. I've even tried that trick of changing the file name under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 into "The Sims 4_"..well it does work, but each time I close the program and re-start it, it still ends up with the same error message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2016, 17:39

Finally someone else with the same problem as me!! I've been getting the same message. I think I've figured out part of the issue though. Do you have any mods/custom content for your game? The latest patch broke a lot of them and I've been going through mine and taking out the broken ones. The message still pops up most of the time but the game will launch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2016, 12:30

Hi, Yes. I just found it out too that my mods and cc's causes the game not to launch since I've installed the latest patch. So I tried to eliminate some of them. It's annoying though, made some of my sims bald or whatever. lol
And I just run the game as administrator each time, it takes a while to launch but that works! Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2016, 18:34

When you remove CC and start old savegame there The Sims 4 can't find that hairstyle and sims get bald. Same thing goes for clothing, accessories...

So, is your problem solved now? Feel free to ask questions, if you have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top