Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official MediaFire account down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official MediaFire account down - Page 3 Empty Official MediaFire account down

Post by Admin Thu 28 Mar 2013, 21:26

First topic message reminder :

We're actively working on an alternative at the moment, please remain patient!
Hello everyone,

I'd like to inform you that our MediaFire account has been closed (again).
Don't worry, we've got a backup of everything and are looking for an alternative service this time.

Until then, you'll just have to wait, I'm afraid. But we'll find something good, just be patient, please.

Meanwhile DO NOT post your problems and/or questions in this topic, but open a new topic in the correct section instead.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

//EDIT

This also means that all Games4theworld Exchange items are currently unavailable for download. (Unless the uploader temporary puts back the original link)

Last edited by Admin on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:31; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire account down - Page 3 Empty Re: Official MediaFire account down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Apr 2013, 13:00

Hello,

The one from MATY indeed does not install properly even after decrapping, I will share my alternative but it is a package file and should go into mods/packages. Note that you'll also need decrap fixes in mods/overrides if you use this package.
http://www.mediafire.com/?35zd7e45zjg7gf5

I extracted and repacked it myself and it shows up in my game just fine.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

Official MediaFire account down - Page 3 Empty Re: Official MediaFire account down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 16:42

Thank you very much, Lady Eldi, for Country Living.
Works great!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 21:14

Lady ElDi wrote:. Note that you'll also need decrap fixes in mods/overrides if you use this package.

This may be a dumb question.. but i have thrown the package file in the mods package folder, and i tried to install the MATY file. i just dont know what you mean with decrap files? i never installed anything like that and i feel dumb now..Razz where can i find decrap fixes? or the decrap fix that you used?

At least I think that is all I'm still missing now.. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 01:28

Luxeflex wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:. Note that you'll also need decrap fixes in mods/overrides if you use this package.

This may be a dumb question.. but i have thrown the package file in the mods package folder, and i tried to install the MATY file. i just dont know what you mean with decrap files? i never installed anything like that and i feel dumb now..Razz where can i find decrap fixes? or the decrap fix that you used?

Search the forum with 'decrapify' and you'll have 4 results. Click the first one (by Lady ElDi) and you go from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 02:32

Thank you so much, amazing help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 04:42

Why can't you just make a torrent out of the files and up them to piratebay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 05:07

I can offer my point of view on that:

At some point, the torrent will not be seeded anymore.

Also, a torrent would force people do download the entire thing at once ( with the magnet links, it is possible, but not easy, to exclude files), and is not easily up-datable when new content comes out (a whole new torrent would have to be made).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 05:18

Oh. That makes sense. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:11

Thank you so much! a new world has opened haha Very Happy It works ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:13

Luxeflex wrote:

Hello,

I was thinking about this actually Smile
Some content doesn't work properly without it due to the decrapping process.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 22:32

im fed up of waiting... when Games4theworld exchange will be online again?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 16 Apr 2013, 03:10

luthien wrote:im fed up of waiting... when Games4theworld exchange will be online again?

Nobody ever said you had to stay and wait for the things admin does for us for free. Nobody knows an exact time for when everything will be back up. If there's something specific you want, you can say so either in a new thread, or the original thread (in the case of the exchange), and I'm sure someone may be able to help you out. Stating that you're fed up of waiting will not make anybody jump to help you. Being polite is much appreciated.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 03:51

gosh, you are overreacting. I didn't want to say anything wrong.. no need to warning me. at the first post you can read they backup everything, so for me it means they will reupload it. I'm curious cos it's been over two weeks. that's all. calm down knight:)

Last edited by luthien on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 03:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one word missing :))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 04:17

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

The one from MATY indeed does not install properly even after decrapping, I will share my alternative but it is a package file and should go into mods/packages. Note that you'll also need decrap fixes in mods/overrides if you use this package.

Thank you so much~ Very Happy

It indeed shows up in my game but Charles the evil chicken didn't show up and my sims looked like he was talking by himself. Is this because I decrap it? Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 05:40

deblake60 wrote:Oh. That makes sense. Thanks.

You're weclome Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:44

Very Happy Very Happy...lol...

I'll be waiting for the store fixes from G4TW...their instruction are so crystal as compared with others....
And also will be waiting for the store content from them....may you find a good alternative site for the items....Smile

In the area of The Sims, they are more trustable...Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 14:18

Mikorising wrote:Very Happy Very Happy...lol...

I'll be waiting for the store fixes from G4TW...their instruction are so crystal as compared with others....
And also will be waiting for the store content from them....may you find a good alternative site for the items....Smile

In the area of The Sims, they are more trustable...Smile
You are so right!
People need to learn to be patience and not complaining about waiting enz..
G4TW you guys are awesome!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 16 Apr 2013, 15:28

luthien wrote:gosh, you are overreacting. I didn't want to say anything wrong.. no need to warning me. at the first post you can read they backup everything, so for me it means they will reupload it. I'm curious cos it's been over two weeks. that's all. calm down knight:)

Hello,

It's true that there's a backup of everything, but we're taking well over 500 files here. So reuploading them will take a while. Besides that, this is the second time this happened in a relatively short time so it's safe to say that Mediafire doesn't want our stuff (anymore) and we're looking for an alternative.

vanaheimr wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Thank you so much~ Very Happy

It indeed shows up in my game but Charles the evil chicken didn't show up and my sims looked like he was talking by himself. Is this because I decrap it? Thanks Smile

Hello,

Decrapifying "breaks" some items, yes, you'll need the store fixes to fix it. We did host them, but obviously they were on Mediafire, so you can get them here for now. There's an updated "decrap fix" on page 33.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Apr 2013, 18:59

luthien wrote:gosh, you are overreacting. I didn't want to say anything wrong.. no need to warning me. at the first post you can read they backup everything, so for me it means they will reupload it. I'm curious cos it's been over two weeks. that's all. calm down knight:)
Hello there,

That's what this whole topic is about, to let you know that we're working on it.
Just be patient and you'll be rewarded! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:18

Popping on a minute to say thank you to the staff and the Administrator for keeping this site running. I think it is a great resource for the Sims. I keep checking back on this thread myself to try and guesstimate when the store items files will be back. I read that further back that torrents would be too much trouble to manage, but it might be the best option sense know other cloud server equals mediafire for ease-of-use and file managament. If they got it in for ya, I don't know if there is any other real solution. "Just throwing my thoughts out on the subject"

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:36

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and trust in the Games4theworld team!
And...
Dark_Walker wrote:(...) I don't know if there is any other real solution.
... there most certainly is...! Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:53

Looking at the way Admin is saying how there is a solution with lots of smileys and ... Very Happy i think they found something awesome and really want to surprise us Very Happy it feels like christmas when you know they got your present and they keep smiling because its awesome but i cant open it yet xD

Maybe this was too random but i feel like this haha Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:59

Luxeflex wrote:Looking at the way Admin is saying how there is a solution with lots of smileys and ... Very Happy i think they found something awesome and really want to surprise us Very Happy it feels like christmas when you know they got your present and they keep smiling because its awesome but i cant open it yet xD

Hi there,

I'm sure you'll love - or at least like - it. Some people might hate it, but ah, we can't please everyone, right? Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 22:08

Admin wrote:
Luxeflex wrote:Looking at the way Admin is saying how there is a solution with lots of smileys and ... Very Happy i think they found something awesome and really want to surprise us Very Happy it feels like christmas when you know they got your present and they keep smiling because its awesome but i cant open it yet xD

Hi there,

I'm sure you'll love - or at least like - it. Some people might hate it, but ah, we can't please everyone, right? Razz

Uh oh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 22:16

Did you guys found a way to host the files yourselves? Whatever you have in store I know it would be awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 22:29

Admin wrote:I'm sure you'll love - or at least like - it. Some people might hate it, but ah, we can't please everyone, right? Razz

Anyone who could hate all the work you guys put into giving us FREE EA stuff, stuff they charge an arm and a leg for, must be incredibly entitled, spoiled brats. Even if I had to make a separate account to download the items, I'd do it, and I'd be thankful such a resource existed in place of EA store items costing more than an entire game if you want all the cool stuff. Their price gouging is ridiculous, and sites like ModtheSims shows us how willing people are to make incredible items for free. And as someone who makes items, I can tell you that meshing, mapping, applying textures, and alllll that fun stuff is NOT an easy thing to do. So if so many are willing to do it for free, why does EA charge so damn much? Most of the time the regular stuff like clothes and hair suck when they come from EA. The realistic, gorgeous, nice-fitting hairs and clothes about 95% of the time come from regular users who put time and effort into making them. But all the same, the fact that Admin does so much to provide us with free items means a lot to me. I mean, how do you think he gets all of this stuff? SOMEONE has to pay for it originally, I really doubt he hacks into EA and steals them outright. That's why I think it's also important to make donations once in a while. If everyone who downloaded from G4TW gave just $1, he'd be able to download absolutely everything EA puts out for TS3, including new expansions and stuff packs, all new worlds, all premium content. Think about it. Wink

UPDATE: I just realized that the ability to donate was taken down. I remember donating a long time ago, but I did not realize the option was gone now. Still... If there's a way to give back, you should do it. If you can't do anything financially, then simply give back by giving thanks and having patience. As Admin said, if we have patience, we'll be rewarded.

Last edited by chicagonative on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 05:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 03:51

I agree with Chicagonative. Admin is doing a lot of work for work for us giving us freebies and we should be thankful for it. A little patience can go a long way. Not to offend anyone, but it goes back to an old saying "beggars can't be chosers". Without people like Admin, here and at other sites we would be living by EA's rules and content. Be kind to each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top