Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED] Empty Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:41

Hello people. I'm new here and I need help.

I have successfully downloaded Sims 3 World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Seasons and I have been playing the game for a week now.

I sent my Sim on vacation, Shang Simla, China and did the adventures in the Temples of the Lost Army and Dragon's Maw but just as after I finished my vacation time there and I arrived home, I let my Sim read a Martial Arts book but the skill gauge does not move. Then, when my Sim was at the treadmill, the skill gauge was not also working. I tried it into several other skills but still no luck. Also tried to sent my Sim into the Stadium to study in an athletic class but after hours of it, the skill gauge really stopped. I tried working out in the TV, still no progress. I have read some threads here about a racing skill that was not also working, I tried the solutions by Lady ElDi, it doesn't work in my case. I tried resetsim, testingcheatsenabled, fixed the cc, nothing happens. But when I load the game before my Sim went on vacation, the skill gauge is working. After finishing the time for vacation, the gauge is not. I don't want to start a new game all over again, I had a lot of advances in my Sims life and I appreciate any help that somebody could give. Thank you.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED] Empty Re: Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:45

Try going on vacation again, maybe finish another quest or two while you're at it.

Back to top Go down

Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED] Empty Re: Skill gauge is not progressing after vacation!!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:48

Thanks.
I'll try it now.
Smile

//EDIT

Still no progress on the gauge TUN3R.

After hours of experimenting, I discovered that the problem why it doesn't progressing is, MIGHT be the time or a bug at home.
I observed the time when I let my Sim read a skill book or do exercise at home. When I expand the action to "Work Out until athletic skill improves (until 9:30AM)", and the time is 9:00AM, the skill gauge is not progressing (Always a 30 minute gap when I expand the action). But when my Sim was at vacation again, the skill gauge works perfectly, and then when going back home, the skill gauge is stuck.

I'm still looking for other solutions, and I still needed help.
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:21

Hello,

Do you have any mods and if so, which ones?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Apr 2013, 13:26

No installed mods 'Mam.

I just downloaded and followed every instructions on how to install Sims 3 properly (the base game, the expansion packs and the ultimate fix).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Apr 2013, 13:40

Hello,

There is a mod that corrects several errors that occur because of traveling, and adds a few good features as well. You may want to try it, look here.
you may also want to have a look at some of the other mods at that site, especially errortrap and overwatch, as they also correct and/or prevent a number of bugs.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Apr 2013, 13:41

Hello,

Try this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Apr 2013, 04:21

To cat2006house:

I tried it, but it didn't work, but thanks a lot for giving me help.

To Miss ElDi:

I used the overwatch mod and it worked.
I didn't try the traveler and the errortrap but anyway, the game is fixed.
Thank you very much!
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 04 Apr 2013, 12:24

Hello,

That's good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top