Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:51

I keep getting this issue everytime I try to launch Sims 3 directly. Any time I launch the launcher it comes up with "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details".
I did a couple of searches and it suggested that this error was registry based, so I viewed the registry file and that all seemed to be in order (all expansions were correctly listed and all SKUs were correct).
I then decided to follow the "install Sims 3 correctly" tutorial also on this forum. I had no issues updating to 1.50 and I applied the ultimate fix however I STILL have the same error come up.
At this point I renamed the Sims 3 folder in My Documents to "--OLDSims 3" to test whether it was that folder that was corrupt but again it changed nothing. I also searched and found it could be a crack issue however I applied the crack from the latest expansion pack I was using as suggested.

It should be noted that I'm using the Black_Box installation (that is Sims 3 through to Showtime) that I then decided I wanted to update and add the newest expansions to. So I deleted the Black_Box Sims 3, downloaded and installed the separate base game to the same directory and installed the Diesel and 70s 80s 90s stuff Packs and Supernatural, Seasons and University Life expansions to the same directory with no issues.

I still don't know how to fix this as extensive searches both on this forum and Google have turned up nothing that has made it launch succesfully. I've included my registry file in spoiler tags if anyone wants to double check them for any issues. Any help would be much appreciated.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by invalidusername Wed 10 Apr 2013, 19:08

It's a known issue that having a previous installation of blackbox will do weird things in your registry. I'm not sure what to look for, but I'm pretty sure that's where the issue is stemming from.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 13 Apr 2013, 12:35

Hello,

Blackbox is a menace, you may ask Admin to have a look at your registry. He's been very busy though but you may catch him online during the weekend and evening hours. He can clean your registry.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:35

Thanks for the help, I might just get rid of blackbox and download reinstall all the expansions and stuff packs separately. No doubt it'll take ages but atleast it will work

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:51

Hello,

Let us know if you need more help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top