Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 03:34

Installed:
The Sims 3
Ambitions
Fast Lane Stuff
Generations
High-End Loft Stuff
Late Night
Outdoor Living Stuff
Pets
Seasons
Showtime
Supernatural
Town Life Stuff
World Adventures

I've installed all of the above packs and expansions, the latest Ultimate Fix and the latest manual patch.
I followed all of the steps for the Ultimare Fix, when I try to run the launcher i get 'There was an error during start up' message and when I try to run the TS3W exe i get the 0x0175dcbb error.
I uninstalled everything (making sure the registry didn't have any leftovers), reinstalled, applied the fix and still had the same errors.
I uninstalled and reinstalled again and applied the fix again, this time I tested the launcher after each step and found that everything works fine until I copy over the crack, then the errors appear again.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 06:38

Hi

Try to follow this guide regarding your problem

answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Service-initialization-failed/td-p/65394

Im not sure if its working Smile But lets hope lol.

EDIT:

Also Read this thread >> https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7181-service-initialization-failed-0x0175dcbb-solved

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 14:02

Thanks for your reply, I'm redownloading the base game and a couple of the expansions as they were Razor1911 versions and not from G4TW. Maybe this will fix the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 17:19

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013, 22:13

The registry was completely cleaned of Sims 3 entries and the problem persisted.
I'll report back once I have downloaded the G4TW versions of some packs and reinstalled everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 25 Feb 2013, 02:13

If the game works fine before the crack, why apply the crack?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 02:25

Well the game didn't work because it's not an official copy, but the launcher opened fine and the game didn't give an error message just the 'unofficial copy' message.
After applying the crack the errors started and the launcher wouldn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:41

Hello,

Try again as follows please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.

Back up and remove all your Mods and CC - if you have any - and then test your game. (After doing the above too)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 01:51

I re-downloaded and reinstalled everything, applied all the fixes/updates etc and it now works fine. The only problem I have is that the launcher doesn't show that the 70'80's'90's pack is installed, but I don't really care too much about that.

Tip for anyone having problems, be sure you have the G4TW versions of everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 26 Feb 2013, 20:13

Hello,

Other versions should do fine too, but we recommend Games4theworld versions, as we "know" the files best.
As for the icon not showing up on the launcher, try the manual patch from step 2 again. Does it show up after applying it?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top