Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 23:49

Hi, there! I need some help as I've got this error. I've looked around the site and tried the registry fixer, I did the ultimate fix with the manual update. But I still get this error. I'm pretty sure I've got registry errors but, I'm not sure how to go about fixing them. There have been a couple of threads where people have been using spoiler code to make things cleaner but for some reason I can't open the spoilers. So, if you help me we can't use those... unless I get that fixed too.

I'm running on Vista 64-bit.
I have:
Sims 3
World Adventures
Late Night
Generations
Pets
Showtime
Supernatural
Ambitions
Seasons

installed.

Last edited by Spudnik1337 on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 00:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some more info)

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 00:04

Okay, I figured out how to open them. So, here's what my sims3.reg looks like.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) Empty Re: Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 12:12

If there isn't a yellow triangle on the Registry Helper then there's nothing in the registry causing the issue, which means it's probably your TSW3.exe and TSLHost.dll files that aren't correct. Even if you did copy them to the proper place, do it again; there have been times where I know I copied them (and to be sure I did, I always rename the old ones prior to copying the new ones -- if the renamed ones are there, then I did copy them) .. just to find out that they had been reverted somehow - the renamed ones still had the old names, but the files were back to the original copies. This has happened to me twice in the last month, actually.

If you still have the error after copying the files from the "#Crack" folder again, you probably need to do the manual update as the cracked files are for specific versions of the game - so do the manual update, then copy the files from the "#Crack" folder again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 18:45

I tried that, it didn't fix it. Seems like it must have copied fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 03:58

The only possible issue I see with the registry information is that it's pointing to a 32bit section of the registry, yet you stated you have a 64bit system. This is fine if you used the command I've mentioned in various places specifically for 64bit systems.

Could you take a screenshot of this folder, in "Details View" so we can see the modification times and file sizes please?

H:\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 04:22

It is installed on an external drive if that makes a difference.
Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) SZ0pOIv

//EDIT

Hey, I think I figured it out. I believe there is a conflict with the CD keys. I realized when I was installing the expansions that it wasn't asking me for CD keys and that is probably due to the fact that I didn't do a very good job uninstalling the BlackBox version before reinstalling everything individually.

So, I uninstalled everything and am currently reinstalling and it's asking me for keys now. So, I'll post with the results later.

//EDIT

Okay, that didn't change anything. I tried just installing Sims 3 base game as well as world adventures and the base game runs fine but isn't recognizing any expansion packs for some reason. I think that may be the problem to a certain extent. At any rate, it is a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 21 Jan 2013, 17:37

Hello,

Good that you mention you had Blackbox before, it is a registry nightmare and that's probably why you're getting this particular error.
You may want to ask Admin to have a look with Teamviewer.

Though at this point, it looks like there's a problem with the crack, more particularly. Redo steps 2-4 on this page.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:24

Blackbox.. is.. bad.

Registry Helper does eliminate some of the pain with blackbox installs... but not all of them. What I mean by this is that Blackbox installs wherever it wants in the registry - using invalid registry keys in many situations. With that said, if you're running a 64bit system and Blackbox installs to the 64bit area of the registry (instead of the 32bit) then Registry Helper won't mention it. However, if you're on a 32bit system Registry Helper should say "Hey! These are invalid! Do you want to delete them?" I didn't have the foresight to tell it to check the other (x86|x64) branch of the registry because I had forgotten that Blackbox installs were so bad.

You could create a .reg file with three lines that could fix it, if it is a problem. I'll paste it here and a warning to you, if you're on a 32bit system and you run this you will have to recreate all of the information for the registry - in short, ONLY use this if you're REALLY on a 64bit system. If you don't know what to do with the text in the box below, just ignore this post Smile

Registry:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:08

I installed the black box on the same external hard drive as I did this newer, fresh install. I know I am for sure on a 64-bit system but, would it make a difference being that I didn't install it in the internal harddrive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 23:10

Hello all,
I have the same problem, and I'm going crazy, it's first time in years I cant solve a "sim-problem".
If you could help me and explain me what to do, it will be much apreciated.
I get this " Unable to star game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)".

I have downloaded the Registry Helper too and run it like Adm, and I got a yellow thing next to "Pets" expansion, but I cant solve it, I got a message saying: "There was an error setting registry values ... value cant be nule".

So... anyone know what else can I do?
Thank you so much

By the way congrats for this page, suscribing now and forever Razz Very good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 07:10

Okaaaay huuuge facepalm here, everyone. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
I manually checked my registry and there were a handful of stuff packs still in the registry. Deleted them and everything is working a-ok.

Again, thank you for the help. If there's anywhere I can direct people with this issue it is HERE: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix Unable to start game - Service Initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) 294340757

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top