Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8 Empty Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 01:52

Is any of the options in the topic still be applied now? It hasn't been updated since Sept. 9, 2012. I was just wondering if option no. 3 is applicable to Windows 8 32-bit? I have 4GB available but it only allows me to use 2.70GB. I tried the command prompt thing with the increaseuserVA something but did not do anything. I seriously hate Windows 8 but Windows 7 is really bad in my laptop. It just hangs at the middle of something even tho the laptop was programmed for Windows 7. Anyways, the question was, is it okay for me to use any of the options on Windows 8 32-bit? I don't want to screw up my laptop even more than it already is. Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8 Empty Re: Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8

Post by invalidusername Mon 15 Apr 2013, 04:52

That thread hasn't been updated, because it doesn't need to be. Smile Yes, all of those options are able to be attempted on windows 8 (as far as I know, anyways. I know of no reason why they wouldn't be able to be applied.)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8 Empty Re: Sims 3 crash/freeze to desktop fix TOPIC on Windows 8

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 15:59

invalidusername wrote:That thread hasn't been updated, because it doesn't need to be. Smile Yes, all of those options are able to be attempted on windows 8 (as far as I know, anyways. I know of no reason why they wouldn't be able to be applied.)

AWESUM. Thanks!

Edit: I have a question on the number 3 option (NTCore 4GB Patch). Can I reset it back to original when a problem comes up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top