Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 07:45

Hi guys,

I have a similar problem as violetdark has (posted under Sims 3 Crashes to Desktop. [CLOSED])
I used to play sims 3 + WA smoothly till I installed late nigh expantion, soon as I installed that one I started to crash into desktop without warnning after few seconds in "live mode".

I recently downloaded the other expantions as welll, followed the step by step in this site "latest fix" (meaning uninstalling compeletly, installing from scratch, updating (no undate requiered) and installing all cracks) but still same issue, in build mode/create sim mode nothing happens, but the moment you switch to live mode the game crashes.

I checked video card spesifics and I can run all games, I have no mods or custom content installed,. and in this point I'm totally lost Sad

your assistance will be highly appriciated!!! Thanks in advance....

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 20 Feb 2011, 19:03

Hello,

Please install Late Night and our Outdoor Living Stuff expansion.
When you've installed those, apply this fix correctly: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Now, update your graphic card drivers to the latest version. After that, restart your PC, run the game and see if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Feb 2011, 19:21

Thanks for your reply, as I wrote above I have tried theswe steps already...
my video card was upgraded to latest version (Nvidia 9800GT BTW).
I reinstalled Late Night and Outdoor Living and rerun as per your instructions (apply all orig files, check for update and apply all crack files).

I even tried to totally remove Late Night (as my problem started once this one was installed) and apply the fix for all packages but Late Night - without success Sad

any other thoughts?
maybe you are aware of a place in which crash logs are being created?

Thanks a lot in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Feb 2011, 15:09

I have the exact same problem, i think it is because the sims 3 latest patch 1.19.4. Dunno if it is anti piracy or not but it is very annoying, I already reinstall the game many2 times, but there is no succeed. and the game force me to update the game into 1.19.4 patch or it wont work, its always said if the patch is different Base game incompatible with the current sims3 expansion pack, but after I update the game, it is started to crash into desktop without warnning after few seconds in live mode like shayz problem.
thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 24 Feb 2011, 15:39

Hello,

I'm out of fixes then at the moment. I don't exactly know where the logs are kept, but I'm sure they're somewhere out there.

Installing Outdoor Living Stuff and Late Night and then applying this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems should fix the problem, since you then have the latest version of the game.
Does the game still start or doesn't it even start at all? No errors?

Also, try to run the "TS3.exe", which can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, as an Admin (Right-click on the .exe and choose "Run as Admin") and see if it makes any difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 13:51

Yes the game can start smoothly without any problems, I can create sims and save the game, but as soon as I started live mode( played my created sims or from EA originally created neighborhood) the game is always crashing to dekstop and strangely there is not even a single warning pop up.But if Iplayed the game without update the game, I can play the game without any problem and the game can run smoothly, if I remember correctly , last year I played the Late Night with base game 1.17.60 and I played the game without any problems.
Btw I did not install the game in C Drive program files, I install the game in another drive and I created a new folder for my installed games so basically I never install the game in my windows drive.
Thanks in advance!

Admin edit: Please stick to your own topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t842-the-sims-3-crash-to-dekstop-without-warning-after-updated-base-game-to-the-latest-patch

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 18:05

@ Everyone on this thread..

Im using Windows Vista and there is something about the sims launcher Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) doesnt like. It kept crashing my game. Try adding ...
c:/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/outdoor living/game/ bin/ Sims3Launcher.exe
&
c:/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/outdoor living/game/ bin/TS3SP03.exe
to the list of allowed programs in the DEP settings.

Sorry, I cant tell you how to open up this program, i cant remember. Do a search in windows help.

felixstrife wrote:... its always said if the patch is different Base game incompatible with the current sims3 expansion pack...
You are missing a steps in your installation! I know because I was doing it too. Slow down and read the guides carefully.
The Sims 3: World Adventures Expansion - Installation Guide

2. Now open the Start menu. Type 'regedit' in the search box and press [ENTER].
Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 (Windows 7, Vista)
and double-click on 'SKU'.
Change the shown number to 2 and press 'OK'. Close the Register Editor.
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff - Installation Guide

3. When you're in the Register Editor, navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims > The Sims 3 OR IT MAY BE IN:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 (Windows 7, Vista)

4. Here you'll see a file called "SKU". Double click on it and change the value - which
should be "2" or "7" - to "1" and press "OK". Now close the Register Editor.

When these steps are done correctly you will not get "Base game incompatible" and the updates will go smoothy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 19:03

cat Well in fact I never had update problem and I only get "Base game incompatible" message because I did not update the game to the latest version like 1.19.4 , I can update the base game and all the expansions to the latest version and if the game region did not match I go to regedit and change the SKU version of the game, but well the problem start when I playin the game and entering living mode, the game immediately exit to dekstop after every 3secs without any error message ,I can enter edit mode and create my own sims go to option but living mode.Well thanks for the info though, ill try to install it again later after I finished downloadin outdoor livin stuff from games4theworld released and I'll try adding
c:/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/outdoor living/game/ bin/ Sims3Launcher.exe
&
c:/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/outdoor living/game/ bin/TS3SP03.exe
as you instructed, hope the game never crash to dekstop anymore!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 25 Feb 2011, 19:11

felixstrife wrote: cat Well in fact I never had update problem and I only get "Base game incompatible" message because I did not update the game to the latest version like 1.19.4 , I can update the base game and all the expansions to the latest version and if the game region did not match I go to regedit and change the SKU version of the game, but well the problem start when I playin the game and entering living mode, the game immediately exit to dekstop after every 3secs without any error message ,I can enter edit mode and create my own sims go to option but living mode.Well thanks for the info though, ill try to install it again later after I finished downloadin outdoor livin stuff from games4theworld released and I'll try adding
&
as you instructed, hope the game never crash to dekstop anymore!
Hello,

Please see - after installing Outdoor Living Stuff and if your game still didn't work after that - if adding those .exe's to the DEP exception list will fix the problem and tell us the result here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 20:39

Well GREAT NEWS, the problem SOLVED, THANKS TO LadyYepperz information by adding The Sims EXE to DEP, I just tested the game about 1-3mins with the latest update and the game did not crash to dekstop anymore , I still not installed any expansions yet but I know the game will never crash again, I did not expect that Vista had such problem, I think there is not even such a problem exist if I playing under windows XP. Well, Im very excited for the first time the game worked again, but I will report again after I installed all the expansions OooO, Thanks both Admin and LadyYepperz for the assistance Awesome Emote lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Feb 2011, 11:31

felixstrife wrote:Well GREAT NEWS, the problem SOLVED, THANKS TO LadyYepperz information by adding The Sims EXE to DEP, I just tested the game about 1-3mins with the latest update and the game did not crash to dekstop anymore , I still not installed any expansions yet but I know the game will never crash again, I did not expect that Vista had such problem, I think there is not even such a problem exist if I playing under windows XP. Well, Im very excited for the first time the game worked again, but I will report again after I installed all the expansions OooO, Thanks both Admin and LadyYepperz for the assistance Awesome Emote lol!
Hello,

Finally some progress, great!
Can you tell us how exactly you added the .exe to the DEP, so we can improve our future support?

Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3+ Expantions + Ultimate fix crash into desktop. [SOLVED] Empty Open Windows DEP

Post by Guest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 02:37

Admin wrote:
Hello,

Finally some progress, great!
Can you tell us how exactly you added the .exe to the DEP, so we can improve our future support?

Have fun playing!
Opening Windows DEP in Windows Vista & 7
1. Click: start
2. In the search box type: sysdm.cpl
3. Click: Advanced [tab]
4. Under Performance - click: Settings
5. Click: Data Execution Prevention [tab]
6. Tick: Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
7. Click: Add - Then navigate to the exes in the pop-up window.
&
8. Click Apply & OK
9. Close all windows & restart The Sims3 Launcher.

Feel free to hit my rep button. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 08:05

Guys - YOU ROCK!!!!
simple and effective solution. Smile
although I cannot change DEP definition for Sims3Launcher.exe (For some strange reason I get a messege saying it must be with DEP turned on) I changed DEP definition for TS3SP03.exe and that's it, problem solved, no reinstall, no nothing. simply relogin to the game (with all expentions) and start playing Laughing

MANY THAKS TO ALL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2011, 03:51

yep, it is definitely working,just put your Sims.exe into DEP list whatever expansion you want to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2011, 18:26

Yay! Glad I could help guys! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 01 Mar 2011, 18:34

Hello,

Great, thanks a lot for sharing your fix with us. I've create a Fix topic for this in our Fixes -section.
For now, all have fun playing!

Problem solved, topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top