Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading Empty Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 02:54

Hey all... looking for some assistance. I'm having some trouble with Sims 3 crashing on me...

Before: I've been running Sims 3 without any expansions for a while now. No problems, works great.

Current: I decided to load the expansions. Loaded them all, in order. Followed the instructions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Problem: When I start the game, I've noticed the text at the bottom of the screen blurs together in one big mess. No biggie... I get to the screen with my saved games, click to load, the progress bar gets around 10-15% then crashes to the desktop.

Troubleshooting: Performed all the steps listed here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-22-12-2011
Windows Compatibility, DEP, etc. No luck, crashes every time.

I found this thread here describing the same problem:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3066-sims-3-complete-freezes-crash-to-desktop-loading-any-town

It appears the OP ended up re-installing everything except for Pets. After several days of troubleshooting, I have no choice but to attempt the same. I'm currently uninstalling now, and I'll start re-installing soon.

I'm posting in case there are a) any other suggestions, and to b) let everyone know that I'm experiencing an identical issue as the other poster. Could there be an issue with the patch?

I'll keep everyone posted once I get things re-installed...

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading Empty Re: Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 11 Jan 2012, 08:59

Hello,
Thank you very much for your report.
We can't be sure what's causing this yet, so far you're the second person to report this problem. It has been suggested that the patch causes more bugs than it solves though.
Please let us know the result when you've reinstalled.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or run into problems, we're happy to help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading Empty Re: Sims 3 - crash to desktop when loading

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012, 01:20

No problem... I had to wait an extra day to get everything re-installed. Unfortunately, I had all the installation files on another computer across my network. For the first installation, I just installed across the network which takes FOREVER! hehe...

This time, I copied all the installation files to this computer before I left work, since I knew it would take quite some time. So, I'm back home and ready to re-install now.

I'll keep you posted...

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 12 Jan 2012, 09:13

Good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2012, 01:59

Ok, here's the update.

I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything - only up through Generations. Based on another posting that mentioned leaving out Pets, I have a feeling the fix does not work properly with Pets.

Everything is working now... though it would have been nice to install all the expansions. That said, I'm happy with getting up to Generations.

Charlie

//EDIT

One more thing that I should add...

After reinstalling everything up through Generations and applying the patch, I didn't need to do anything else to get Sims 3 working.

No compatibility mode, no DEP, etc. It works just fine with the patch (up to that expansion). This is why I'm thinking there's an issue with the patch when using Pets... or maybe when using all expansions... not sure, but thought I'd provide the feedback

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2012, 03:06

I am also thinking that the patch is not effective with Pets. Thanks for your suggestion!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 13 Jan 2012, 09:00

Hello,
In the time I've spend reading up on this issue, I've come across a lot of complaints from people who are experiencing serious bugs since the 1.29 patch with Pets. Perhaps installing Pets will be an option for you again in the future when a new pack or patch is available.
The fix works fine with Pets though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jan 2012, 22:12

I am having this same issue, so my question to the OP is this:

Since in the fix they say to install town life / generations FIRST, did you do so? Or what order did you install them?

My issue is exactly the same so it would be nice to get this fixed. I can do without pets for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2012, 01:25

Swisha17, when I installed everything, I actually installed it in the order the expansions came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2012, 05:27

Okay, was Pet's the only exp you didnt install?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2012, 13:43

swisha17 wrote:Okay, was Pet's the only exp you didnt install?

I actually stopped installing at Generations... since I wasn't worried about the Town Life Stuff pack. So the two I did not install are Town Life and Pets... though I'm pretty sure the problem is related to the newest update (1.29) not working with the ultimate patch once Pets is applied.

There was another posted as well who installed everything except for Pets and was able to get working again.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2012, 13:56

You know what Charlie, I have Town Life installed before Pets and it was working!!! You can also try installing Town Life, don't be afraid. I am sure it will work with the Ultimate fix. I think the problem is just with Pets Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 14 Jan 2012, 18:38

Hello,
The ultimate fix does work with Pets. There are plenty of people who aren't experiencing any problems at all, including me.
I think the incompatibility exists in some cases, but its not related to the fix, since people with legit games are reporting the same problems.

You're not missing out on much if you're not installing Towbn Life stuff though, its a joke, actually.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top