Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message. Empty Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 00:23

Hi,

I can't download the late night 651 update, i press the button at sims3 launcher but nothing happens, the download wont start..
And my sims 3 base game is greyed out, I also got an error message at start up but i think the update will fix it.

')" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message. 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message. Empty Re: Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 07:36

Sounds to me that the update has part finished but not fully finished, try the manual update and then fix the cracks for the update, hopefully that should get you simming

Back to top Go down

Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message. Empty Re: Problems with the update 651 for late night expansion and a error message.

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:40

hmm i think it's kinda stupid to ask but how do i manual update?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:07

Stefan93 wrote:hmm i think it's kinda stupid to ask but how do i manual update?

Hey there,

This is one of the sites where you can download manual patches. Just make sure you download the right "region" version.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 14:04; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:41

Carlos G. wrote:
Stefan93 wrote:hmm i think it's kinda stupid to ask but how do i manual update?

Hey there,

This is one of the sites where you can download manual patches. Just make sure you download the right "region" version.
Hello,
Or you can try this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:56

I'm not sure if the big "super-patch" works for all people (it didn't work for me). You might still have to install the manual updates for the expansions and stuff packs before "Generations" (so World Adventures, High-end loft stuff, Ambitions, Fast lane stuff, Late night & Outdoor living stuff) Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 13:18

I downloaded the patch but i can't install it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2013, 13:25

Stefan93 wrote:I downloaded the patch but i can't install it

So what happens if you open the .exe file - do you get an "error" or something like that ?
Maybe you just have the wrong region version - I guess I forgot to write that in my previous post:

Region 1 (USA)
Region 2 (Europe, Australia & More)
Region 3 (Asia)
Region 5 (Japan)
Region 17 (Digital Game/Download Version)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 13:48

oh i fixed it the update is installed (launcher says latest update now.)
but the base game at launcher is still greyed out and i can't start the game
Error window says: Could not start game
(0x024e424f)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2013, 14:07

Stefan93 wrote:oh i fixed it the update is installed (launcher says latest update now.)
but the base game at launcher is still greyed out and i can't start the game
Error window says: Could not start game
(0x024e424f)

Have you already read the link that "cat2006house" posted above ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Last edited by Carlos G. on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 14:28; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 14:09

i red all the instructions while i was installing and followed them exactly

//EDIT:

Hmm could it be that i only have base game, world adventures, hels,
ambitions, fast lane stuff and late night? i have non of the expansions
written there installed

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Apr 2013, 14:13

Stefan93 wrote:i red all the instructions while i was installing and followed them exactly

OK, I did not have that problem myself but this here is what EA suggests..

//EDIT:

There is also a thread in this forum
here ... and for the Ultimate fix to work you need at least one of the following expansions: 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations
Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top