Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED] Empty "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 21:59

I realize this topic has already been discussed and "solved" here, but the solution is not working for me. It looks like it didn't work for a couple others as well.

I got the Sims 3 for Mac through this website, as well as Pets, and I did the Mac Ultimate Fix, and my game is working fantastic! Thank you all for your support. Unfortunately, when I try to install Seasons, I get that error that some others mentioned previously: "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt"

I tried renaming the file so that it reads "Léeme.txt" instead of "L[weird symbol]eme.txt" but I continue getting the same error message as before. Maybe I can use someone else's Léeme.txt file from Seasons and replace mine with theirs? I've run out of options. I've re-downloaded and mounted this game too many times, I've restarted my computer, I tried "saving" the file after renaming. I don't have the internet, so I am doing all this at coffeeshops and at my work (don't tell!)
Are there any other possible solutions I can try? Or should I just give up hope for Seasons? Or are there other torrents of Seasons that can work with my Sims 3 for Mac?

Thank you! I hope I put this topic in the right place.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Tue 21 May 2013, 00:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved)

Back to top Go down

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Thu 02 May 2013, 17:40

Hello,

Sorry to hear that the suggestion didn't work for you. Also sorry for late reply.

Unfortunately I do not have the information about it but I will inform to fellow helpers to.. help you Smile

And you definetely put the topic in the right place.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

"Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Error reading game files $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt". [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 02 May 2013, 17:59

Hello,

I have the textfile here, hopefully it'll work for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 23:02

Well I feel really silly. The key issue was that I was renaming the Leeme.text file AFTER I had already created a disk image of the folder with Disk Utility. Apparently, I should have renamed the file, THEN made a disk image of the folder.

Thank you for your help, guys. This is an amazing website/forum.

Last edited by oohstella on Thu 02 May 2013, 23:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 02:03

Awesome, posted this as solved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 03 May 2013, 19:18

oohstella wrote:Well I feel really silly. The key issue was that I was renaming the Leeme.text file AFTER I had already created a disk image of the folder with Disk Utility. Apparently, I should have renamed the file, THEN made a disk image of the folder.

Thank you for your help, guys. This is an amazing website/forum.
Hello Oohstella,

Glad to hear you solved the problem!
Thank you for sharing the fix, I've updated this topic for other people having the same issue: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11119-error-reading-game-files-installvolume-support-readme-es-leemetxt-fix

Enjoy playing the game(s)!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top