Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt Empty "Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt

Post by Guest Fri 07 Mar 2014, 07:28

Hello,

I got a problem when I'm on the part of installing Sims 3 Pets. And this notification appears when I hit the install button.

"Error reading game files"

$INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt

I read the previous posts here and found one thread with the same problem.
I used Stuffit Expander, followed all instructions from the top all the way here.
I tried to look for the file it asks about and found that there's no Readme folder at the downloaded .rar file of sims 3 pets.
It will took me some time to re-download the .rar file again but may I ask if the .rar file originally has the said folder? I look for the other expansion folders and they have  this Readme folder but not the Sims 3 Pets.

What might be the problem here? And what do I have to do?

//EDIT: Oh wait here!

Suddenly I try to download the torrent file of the pets again and found out there's a [FULL/FIXED] file. I wonder if this one is the solution.

I'll update again whether an improvement or worse. He he
(But a few reply might still help "Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt Icon_smile )

Back to top Go down

"Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt Empty Re: "Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt

Post by Guest Fri 07 Mar 2014, 20:08

Please do not double-post, as it is against the Forum Rules.
Just edit your previous post like I did.

Back to top Go down

"Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt Empty Re: "Error reading game files" $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/cs/ctimne.txt

Post by Guest Sat 08 Mar 2014, 03:09

Oh, veru sorry there.

By the way, I downloaded the wrong file.
The [FULL/FIXED] file fixed my problem, but now back to the common problem of compatibility error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 12 Mar 2014, 21:37

Hello,

You can smply patch your game to the latest version of the game to avoid the compability error. You can use the launcher or the manual update from the site.

Please update your game and try installing the games and let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 12:57

Hi, Phoebe.

I'm done what you advice. But still the same error.
I also tried changing the Default.ini file Game Version as I read from another thread, still no improvement.

By the way, do I have to make a new thread for this another problem or just stay in this thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 15 Mar 2014, 19:58

Hello again,

It's okay to talk here. So you're having the compability problem again? Can you please explain what did you do?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014, 09:46

Basically, followed all the instructions on installations guide for mac and combined with the ultimate fix guide also. Only did changing the Default.ini file game version which I read from another threads that's not on the both installation guide I mentioned.

About the Default.ini file, I copied only the GameVersion from the latest EP I installed (which is Town Life before Pets) but still no improvement, stuck on Pets.

I install everything according on the order of the EP releases.

EDIT:

I did something wild (well, not a violent thing, but something that I didn't know if it works). I copied the GameVersion of Default.ini of Sims Pets .dmg file into the base game Default.ini file.
And the Sims Pets installation works!

I don't know since I didn't find any here on the forum to copy the EP gameversion (to be installed) to base game file to make it work.

Last edited by zidane021 on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 12:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update: I did something wild that works.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:47

Hello,

Good to hear it worked for you! And now you told this, now I remember this way, sometimes in rare cases they used this but like you said, it's abit violent act as it's simply mess your game Smile

But still, it worked for you so there is no problem. Do you have anything that we can (try) to help? Very Happy
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top