Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" Empty getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt"

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 06:36

I'm having some problems with installing seasons on my macbook.
Now the interesting thing is that I have successfully upgraded the patch to 1.42, and the game runs flawlessly with said patch- when I saw this, I was super excited, because I had a good feeling that since I had finally updated the patch that I could try to install Seasons.

Now here's the snag.

I successfully downloaded the .rar file, mounted it successfully using stuffit expander and disk utility.
The installer will open and I give it the crack serial code provided in the installation.txt file.
It then goes to begin the installation progress, only to immediately throw this message onto the screen: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" before quitting and throwing me a crash report that says basically: "BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)"
I've tried installing Seasons in Safe Boot, with the same results.

I'd like help in figuring this problem out, as it's really making me feel inferior, lol.
But right now, to start the troubleshooting process- I'm redoing the .rar file download and the mounting again to see if something got corrupted during the stuffit expander part or the being moved to the mountable dmg. file.

EDIT:
I got the same results with the new seasons dmg.file, so I snooped around inside the files to see if there was anything strange going on, since I keep getting the error message about the Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt, I went into said support file and I saw this: LÇeme.txt .
Could that be the answer as to why I get that error message?

Last edited by iamthewalrus on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 07:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated information)

Back to top Go down

getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" Empty Re: getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt"

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2012, 17:28

This is a common problem

There's a solution in this post:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8293-error-reading-game-files-installvolume-support-readme-es-leemetxt

"The file in question simply has an incorrect symbol. Replace the symbol after the L and before the e with é (copy and paste that symbol if you need to) and save the change, then the install should work. Mine did!"

Back to top Go down

getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt" Empty Re: getting message during season installation: "Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt"

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:13

Im having the same problem but for some reason that fix isn't working for me. I keep getting the same message even after changing the symbol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 08:31

Is the path in the error message the exact same path as in the error above? Could you copy the error message for us and whatever the crash report says?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 08:53

"Error reading game files: $INSTALLVOLUME/Support/Readme/es/Léeme.txt"

I'm not sure what part of the crash report to copy though? Seems a little lengthy to paste all of it here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:30

Hm... Are you using Stuffit Expander to unzip your files and creating a .dmg with them, as per the mac installation guide?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:13

Yep. I did the Seasons, Katy Perry Sweets, Supernatural, and Diesel Packs at the same time using the same method. Seasons is the only one that isn't working.

Last edited by MeeisLee on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 20:22

And you have made sure the "L" is capitalized? The file name has got to look exactly like what the error message says. (I know this is redundant, but I have to make sure Razz)

You can try redownloading the installer, to see if that gets rid of the data corruption. Just make sure to empty your trash after you delete your old installer.

Also, you can try just deleting the whole support folder to see if you can get around the issue (and if that doesn't work, redownloading the installer.)

I'll keep looking into this; I've found very little information so far unfortunately as you can probably tell Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 21:03

Hello! Did you find a solution ? I have the same problem when trying to install the kit 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff . I renamed the file and it's still not working!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 05:55

Hello, I've gotten this same error with pets but can't find this leeme.txt file anywhere. Help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 18 Dec 2013, 11:01

Hello,
It should be in Sims 3 Pets' Support Folder or you should check every single file until finding it. And follow this post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11119-error-reading-game-files-installvolume-support-readme-es-leemetxt-fix
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top