Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED] Empty Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 08:57

I have store-bought versions of the Sims 3 Base game and the Sims 3 Seasons (they came together), but would like to install all of the other expansion packs that I downloaded from here. I tried installing World Adventures, and it told me that I couldn't install it because it has a different 'regional code' than my game, then I tried to install Loft Stuff and it asked me for a disk. I have only got the base game installed on my computer, haven't installed seasons yet because I figured all the packs need to be installed in order.

Please help. Help Thanks.

//EDIT

UPDATE: Just managed to install Ambitions expansion pack. Will try the others.

Back to top Go down

Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2013, 18:17

Hello,

Indeed, there shouldn't be any problems with that. Smile  Just keep in mind that when you add extra expansions/stuff packs, it's recommended that you at first re-apply the "manual patch", and then the two files from the #crack-folder of the "Ultimate fix". This means: just repeat the steps from 2 to 4 here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should do. Wink

P.S. If you want to add something to your post, just go to your orignal post and click on the "edit"-button. Then you can modify it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Adding Games 4 the World expansions to store bought base game? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 18:44

Thank you. I've applied the patch. Everything has installed except World Adventures, Loft stuff and Supernatural. I'm not too upset about the first two, but I *REALLY* want supernatural, and it keeps asking me to install the disk that contains GameData\Shared\Resource.cfg

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2013, 18:54

smsweetcheeks wrote:Thank you. I've applied the patch. Everything has installed except World Adventures, Loft stuff and Supernatural. I'm not too upset about the first two, but I *REALLY* want supernatural, and it keeps asking me to install the disk that contains GameData\Shared\Resource.cfg

Your Supernatural is not from Games4TheWorld, is it ? In that case, you'll have to look for that for that location on your virtual disc yourself. So mount that image, and then browse the content and look for this GameData\Shared\Resource.cfg. It is either in a folder or another virtual image. It's like having a smaller disc image inside the actual "main image" - and inside that smaller image is probably what you're looking for (sorry I can't explain it better).

And when you've found it, mount that smaller disc, and that should do. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 19:04

Yes, my supernatural is from G4TW. I just tried searching for the file, and it wasn't found. Also, when I try to play Sims with the current expansion packs, it asks me to insert the 'Diesel Stuff' disk. Thanks for your help, BTW. I am not the most computer literate, yet I'm slowly finding my way.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 01 Oct 2013, 19:14

smsweetcheeks wrote:Yes, my supernatural is from G4TW. I just tried searching for the file, and it wasn't found. Also, when I try to play Sims with the current expansion packs, it asks me to insert the 'Diesel Stuff' disk. Thanks for your help, BTW. I am not the most computer literate, yet I'm slowly finding my way.

If you have the original .RAR file of the Supernatural download, can you open the file with WinRAR, and re-extract all contents to an empty folder ? Then go to that folder, double-click on Autorun.exe and see if that changed anything.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 02:00

That seems to have done the trick for Supernatural. Thanks! I've still got a couple more to install, but first I have work to do. Will report back if there are any probs. Also, I'll make sure to use the Ultimate Fix patch before trying to play as per the general instructions. Smile

//EDIT

OK. So I've installed everything (except world adventures and high end loft), including the new Movie Stuff. I tried to play the game, and it asked me to insert the 'Movie Stuff' disk. I have the ultimate fix, not sure if my version is up to date, but I can't read the 'installation guide'. Please help. Sooo close to being able to play the game!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2013, 08:00

smsweetcheeks wrote:That seems to have done the trick for Supernatural. Thanks! I've still got a couple more to install, but first I have work to do. Will report back if there are any probs. Also, I'll make sure to use the Ultimate Fix patch before trying to play as per the general instructions. Smile

//EDIT

OK. So I've installed everything (except world adventures and high end loft), including the new Movie Stuff. I tried to play the game, and it asked me to insert the 'Movie Stuff' disk. I have the ultimate fix, not sure if my version is up to date, but I can't read the 'installation guide'. Please help. Sooo close to being able to play the game!

Please re-apply the "manual patch".

After that, go to the Ultimate fix, and then to its #crack folder. Inside you'll see two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll). Copy these two files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. You are supposed to "replace the existing files". Then double-click on the TS3W.exe to start the game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:15

My game is up and running. Very Happy Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2013, 21:02

smsweetcheeks wrote:My game is up and running. :DThanks so much!
OK, is there anything else I can help you with ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 22:00

Now it freezes every time I play it, and then I get the notification saying that the sims 3 has 'stopped working'. I applied the Ultimate fix before playing the first time, not sue what's up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Oct 2013, 22:11

smsweetcheeks wrote:Now it freezes every time I play it, and then I get the notification saying that the sims 3 has 'stopped working'. I applied the Ultimate fix before playing the first time, not sue what's up.

Read up on this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-14-07-2013

If you want to apply the "4 GB patch" (step #3) you will be prompted to "choose an .exe file...". You need to select the TS3W.exe in the base game location. Good luck ! Smile

Last edited by Carlos G. on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 06:22; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 05:51

THANKS!!! Very Happy The 4GB patch seems to have done the trick. Smile Looking forward to when you guys get the future sims expansion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top