Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help? Empty The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help?

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 16:28

Hi, I closely followed the Sims 3 guide to installing it correctly and the game and all of its expansions played fine for a long time. Until I started trying to build the 5th floor of my house. After that any attempts to save the game has ended up in a "Sims 3 has stopped working" Crash error. I downloaded The Sims 3 Crash Log Analzyer and it said I had Insuffcient Memory installed so I Bought another GB of ram to boost me up to 3GB which is enough. I tried to run the sims again last night only to try and finish the last story of my house. I clicked save then waited with my fingers crossed. The saving screen popped up and then froze and BAM! "Sims 3 has stopped working"

.....@#U$^@&*!~!!!!!

I checked the Crash log again and NOW it's saying "Warning: Updates Available: The sims 3 World Adventures (2.0.86.002002 -> 2.17.2.011032). The sims 3 High-End Loft stuff....
And so on and so forth so I went and checked which update I was at with the game (because like I said I had done the steps all correctly including updating the whole game) And sure enough I was up to the current 1.50.56.
*sigh*
So what's the deal? Why is The Sims doing this to me? Doesn't it know I love it? Please help!

//EDIT

Bump bump
Making sims jump

Helper edit: Please use the edit button when you want you update your thread. Thank you
-Phoebe

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help? Empty Re: The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help?

Post by Phoebe Sun 05 May 2013, 16:36

Hello,

Sorry to hear you've encountered lots of problems. Sims is such a complicated game, but that's why we are here Smile

I am not that experienced about it, but I think maybe you could update your game manually to 1.50? Sometimes poblem occurs, and solutions are simple.

You can try it, and if it doesn't work more experienced helpers can help you.

//EDIT

Also, are you game .exes added to DEP? If not, please follow the step 2 from this thread.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help? Empty Re: The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help?

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 17:23

I've got the main TS3W.exe from the base game in the DEP exceptions, should I put it in for each other expansions aswell? Also yesterday night is the last time I manually updated because I installed world adventures again after I got my memory card, so I don't think that's it. I'm so depressed...

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 05 May 2013, 17:47

chchchchiadomi wrote:I've got the main TS3W.exe from the base game in the DEP exceptions, should I put it in for each other expansions aswell? Also yesterday night is the last time I manually updated because I installed world adventures again after I got my memory card, so I don't think that's it. I'm so depressed...

Hello,

Yes, you need to add ALL expansion packs' .exes one by one. I was dealing with lots of crashes to desktop like you, and after adding them in DEP I don't have anymore.

And don't be depressed. If it isn't about, we'll try another solutions but solve your problem Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 18:03

Ok I got the .exes all in the DEP
I'm gonna restart then try to run it and I'll post how it went

//EDIT

it didnt work still crashs after saving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 19:12

Do you have any CC?
Also, does it happen with this particular game? Can you create a new game and try and save?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sun 05 May 2013, 19:15

I was going to say the same with Shamrock, seems like you have a mod isn't compitable with your game. Please rename your Modsfolder with "Mods_" and start your game again, and check if it crashes or not.

And again, please use the EDIT button above when you want to update your thread. Thaaank yooou! Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 19:28

I don't have any Custom Content Sad
But no I haven't tried a new game to save and I'm sorry for not using the edit thingy I will now :newfag: XD
Where would the mods folder be? Would I Still have to take that step in renaming it even without mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 19:32

Most probably not...
Try the new game save and let us know! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 20:12

Ok made a new game in starlight shores, made my characters and saved it without a prob. So it's my main game that crashes, but why???

//EDIT

I have a tonnn of stuff in my main game, a giant basement that takes up the whole lot filled with stuff as well as a 5 story house filled with even more stuff
I'm pretty sure I got the RAM for it now. It should be able to handle it but it still crashes, the new game doesnt but darn it took me almost a week to be almost done with that beautiful house only for it to crash at the last floor? FUU!

//EDIT

Bump ump bump

Last edited by chchchchiadomi on Sun 05 May 2013, 21:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bumping)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 May 2013, 22:54

chchchchiadomi wrote:Ok made a new game in starlight shores, made my characters and saved it without a prob. So it's my main game that crashes, but why???

//EDIT

I have a tonnn of stuff in my main game, a giant basement that takes up the whole lot filled with stuff as well as a 5 story house filled with even more stuff
I'm pretty sure I got the RAM for it now. It should be able to handle it but it still crashes, the new game doesnt but darn it took me almost a week to be almost done with that beautiful house only for it to crash at the last floor? The Sims 3 STILL crashing after memory upgrade AND updated! Help? 1469785098

//EDIT

Bump ump bump

Hello there,

Again, please, there is no need to bump (even if you edited your post). I assume that we Helpers also have lots of other things to do, besides the forum; even me
Laughing.

From what you are describing ("5 story house with tons of stuff"), even my computer would struggle. Just recently my game crashed with no error to the desktop, most likely because the RAM was overloaded (I suppose that was the reason, as I very rarely experience crashes). So you might want to consider playing a smaller house.
Also: have you deleted the cache files ?
(in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)
(that should be done regularly):
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

If you have doubts about system requirements, I recommend
this article here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 01:04

Sorry I didn't know you didn't have to bump on this forum (Alot of times you do to get noticed) I've started a new game and the house we'll build we'll be smaller but jeez man this sucks. I Wish I knew what was the cause (I mean I know it's because theres alot but I wish that you COULD build that big)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top