Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10 Empty Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:21

Hi

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 my Sims 4 keeps crashing. At first it was just crashing every time I minimized the game, but now it's crashing while I'm playing too. I get that "Sims 4 has stopped working" error. I have downloaded everything from here and am up to date. This was happening before I downloaded the latest fix (Spa Day etc) and now it's still happening since I added that on. 

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10 Empty Re: Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 02:50

SerenityNow wrote:Hi

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 my Sims 4 keeps crashing. At first it was just crashing every time I minimized the game, but now it's crashing while I'm playing too. I get that "Sims 4 has stopped working" error. I have downloaded everything from here and am up to date. This was happening before I downloaded the latest fix (Spa Day etc) and now it's still happening since I added that on. 

Can anyone help?
Thanks!

//MOVED

Hello and welcome,

I am not familiar with Windows 10, but I'll assume for now, that it has the same or similar options as the previous Windows systems.

Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10 Go5jhiozed4

Controi Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Data Execution Prevention. Mark the option "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only". Confirm with Apply, then with OK.

Then re-start the game and see if it makes any difference. Good luck, but that's the best advice I can give for now...and it may not work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10 Empty Re: Sims 4 crashing since updated to Windows 10

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 08:49

Hi Carlos

Thanks so much for replying to me. I went to that setting and mine is already set to the one you said to put it on, so unfortunately that's not the problem. If you happen to think of anything else please let me know, it's so annoying!

By the way, I just want to thank you for that temp fix you made with the five parts. I just had to relocate the Sims folder (as you stated) to fix the Origin problem and it all works perfectly. It was so quick and easy. Thank you!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:47

SerenityNow wrote:Hi Carlos

Thanks so much for replying to me. I went to that setting and mine is already set to the one you said to put it on, so unfortunately that's not the problem. If you happen to think of anything else please let me know, it's so annoying!

By the way, I just want to thank you for that temp fix you made with the five parts. I just had to relocate the Sims folder (as you stated) to fix the Origin problem and it all works perfectly. It was so quick and easy. Thank you!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Hi there, @SerenityNow! Very Happy

Does this happen with any save, or with a specific one? And do you have any Mods or CC installed?

One thing you can do is to temporarily move the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder to another location. When you start the game, a new The Sims 4 folder will be created there. You won't have any saves, or any Mods if you had them. But try playing for a little while in that one and see if the crashing still happens.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:53

Hi SeoY

I don't have any mods or CC installed. 

At first the game would crash every time I minimized it. Now it crashes any time, even while I'm busy playing it. Sometimes I play for a while before it crashes, sometimes it crashes after only a few minutes. And it ALWAYS crashes when I minimize it. 

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I just want to confirm so I do the right thing. I've already moved my Sims folder to: local disc (c) / program files (x86) / The Sims 4. I moved it there to fix the origin error. So should I move it somewhere else now? If so, please suggest where as I'm a bit clueless with this stuff Smile

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 22:19

SerenityNow wrote:Hi SeoY

I don't have any mods or CC installed. 

At first the game would crash every time I minimized it. Now it crashes any time, even while I'm busy playing it. Sometimes I play for a while before it crashes, sometimes it crashes after only a few minutes. And it ALWAYS crashes when I minimize it. 

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I just want to confirm so I do the right thing. I've already moved my Sims folder to: local disc (c) / program files (x86) / The Sims 4. I moved it there to fix the origin error. So should I move it somewhere else now? If so, please suggest where as I'm a bit clueless with this stuff Smile

Thank you!

I see. There's no need to move that folder, I'm talking about another one. There's two folders: one that should be at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4, that contains all of the game files, and another one at Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, that contains all of your personal content (saves, Mods, items downloaded from the Gallery, screenshots...). The one I'm telling you to move is the second one: the one at Documents\Electronic Arts. Leave the one at Program Files where it is right now.

After you move it somewhere else (like to your Desktop), see if you can play the game without crashing problems and let us know. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 09:22

Oooh ok I understand now. Silly me, you did say it was in the documents folder in your first message Smile I will move it now and let you know if that fixes it.

Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 09:35

Hi SeoY

I moved that folder as you suggested and I kept my Sims open all day yesterday. I played a bit here and there and minimized it a lot. So far so good because it didn't crash! I'll see again today, but thank you so much! Smile

The only problem is now none of my saved games or items I've saved in the Gallery show up in the game. Not having anything from the Gallery is a bit annoying as we don't have access to it anymore, otherwise I'd just go get more stuff. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it all gone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 13:01

SerenityNow wrote:Hi SeoY

I moved that folder as you suggested and I kept my Sims open all day yesterday. I played a bit here and there and minimized it a lot. So far so good because it didn't crash! I'll see again today, but thank you so much! Smile

The only problem is now none of my saved games or items I've saved in the Gallery show up in the game. Not having anything from the Gallery is a bit annoying as we don't have access to it anymore, otherwise I'd just go get more stuff. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is it all gone?

Glad to hear that the crashing has stopped! Very Happy

What's most likely happening is that something in your personal folder was causing the crashing. To find out what it is, you'll need to test it out. In your old folder, all of your saves are saved in the 'saves' folder. You can try putting them in and see if the crashes start happening again. The items you have downloaded from the Gallery are located in the 'Tray' folder. There's several files for each item, so you'll have to put all of them in and test it too. Test them separately, so you can be sure that it's either a save or something else that causes the crashing. Still, it's possible that neither the saves or the Gallery items were causing problems, and it was something else entirely. Still, you have to try it to find out.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 15:49

Thank you for explaining all that so nicely for me Smile Tomorrow I will do as you suggest, move one thing at a time and see what happens.

I haven't had a chance to play the game much, but I've left it open and it still hasn't crashed. So your suggestion definitely fixed it.

Thank you sooooooo much for your kind help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 17:39

Oh dear, my game just crashed. I haven't tried moving anything yet. How bizarre, it was crashing so often and then didn't crash for two days after I moved that folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 05 Sep 2015, 00:03

Sorry you are still having headaches with the new system...

Lots of people who "upgraded" from another windows version to 10 are having crashes and other crazy stuff happening to their systems, so maybe it's time to consider a complete clean install of Windows 10 instead (but please, take care of your licence like having your serials if your windows is legit etc)...

Honestly, besides that what you can do is trying to update your graphics driver and all the other stuff our experienced colleagues above are telling you to do here and all around the forum (like reducing graphic settings etc) Sad

Also, remember that using the "Save As..." option is always healthy from time to time!

Please, let's know how things turned out for you!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:17

Hi Sim Architect

Yes I see so many people having problems with the windows 10 upgrade. I kind of wish I hadn't upgraded, I don't see the point of it anyway. It is a legit version, by the way.

I'm not that great with computer stuff, so when someone who knows things visits me, I'll show them your suggestions.

And yes, I spend a lot of time saving my game just in case! Smile At least it doesn't take so long like previous versions.

Thank you so much for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 09 Sep 2015, 06:58

SerenityNow wrote:Hi Sim Architect

Yes I see so many people having problems with the windows 10 upgrade. I kind of wish I hadn't upgraded, I don't see the point of it anyway. It is a legit version, by the way.

I'm not that great with computer stuff, so when someone who knows things visits me, I'll show them your suggestions.

And yes, I spend a lot of time saving my game just in case! Smile At least it doesn't take so long like previous versions.

Thank you so much for your help Smile
Sorry to hear you are still facing issues. Maybe you can try updating your video card drivers and, when you run the game you select the "good" one instead of the "onboard" one by right clicking it and using the appropriate menu option for your system (something like run with NVidia)?

Another temporary solution is to "save as" every few minutes and, always, before you will try to minimize the game, at least until we find a solution Smile

Please, keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Sep 2015, 20:09

Thank you, I will suggest that to the computer wise person who will come try help me with this Smile

Yes I do at least save very regularly now!

I will let you know if anything you suggested helps. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 12:19

This is the solution for what I did, I hope it helps...

HOW TO FIX SIMS

HOW TO FIX ERROR CANT PLAY SIMS 4 MAKE
SURE ORIGINS BLAH BLAH BLAH..

I KNOW IS PAIN IN THE BUTT BUT GO WITH THESE STEPS AND
IM SURE YOU WILL BE PLAYING THE SIMS 4 IN NO TIME.

1. MAKE SURE YOUR DATA (SAVES) ARE COPIED ON THE DESKTOP
JUST AS A PRECAUTION. LEAVE THE ORIGINAL WHERE IT IS. MINE
IS DOCUMENTS/ELECTRONIC ARTS/THE SIMS4/SAVES, YOURS SHOULD BE
AROUND THE SAME AREA.

2. DELETE THE SIMS 4 FROM CONTROL PANEL/UNINSTALL PROGRAMS

3. DELETE ANY REMAINING FOLDER / SHORTCUT...NEED TO DELETE ANY
TRACE IN ORDER TO START FROM SCRATCH WITH THE EXEPTION OF THE
FOLDER THAT CONTAINS YOUR SAVES. SO DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR SAVES
FOLDER, ONCE YOU DELETE THE PROGRAM THE FOLDER WILL STAY INTACT.

4. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROGRAM READY TO INSTALL BUT BEFORE THAT...
TURN OFF YOUR ANTIVIRUS OR FIREWALL. I TURN OFF MY REAL TIME PROTECTION
ON WINDOWS DEFENDER.

5. ON YOUR WINDOWS DEFENDER OR ANTIVIRUS GO TO ADD AN EXCLUSION.
SEARCH FOR THE FOLDER WHERE THE GAME IS LOCATED AND SELECT THE
FOLDER.

6. ONCE THAT IS DONE INSTALL THE GAME. WAIT FOR THE EXTRACTION AND ONCE
  THE GAME IS FINISH FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS.

A) GET THE GAME OUT OF THE PROGRAM FOLDER, THE GAME WONT OPEN IF IS
INSIDE OF A FOLDER/FOLDER, BUT KEEP THE GAME IN THE MAIN FOLDER. LET
ME EXPLAIN.

MY PROGRAM (SIMS4) WAS DOWNLOADED INTO MY DOWNLOADS FOLDER(MAIN FOLDER),
THE FOLDER CONTAINING THE PROGRAM THE SIMS4 (FOLDER A), ONCE I EXTRACTED ALL
THE FILES AND INSTALL THE GAME IT CREATES THE GAME FOLDER (FOLDER B)

I TOOK GAME FOLDER (FOLDER B) AND MOVED IT TO DOWNLOADS FOLDER (MAIN FOLDER)
AFTER THAT FROM GAME FOLDER (FOLDER B) I COPY (updated.fg3) AND PLACED IT
INSIDE DOWNLOADS FOLDER (MAIN FOLDER)

B) DELETE THE SHORCUT THAT THE PROGRAM CREATED ON YOUR DESKTOP, ENTER
(FOLDER B) GO TO GAME AND CREATE A SHORCUT FROM THERE.

***IF YOU ARE GETTING THE (update.fg3) ERROR IS BECAUSE THAT FILE HAS TO BE
COPIED SOMEWHERE ELSE

***IF YOU ARE GETTING THE ORIGIN ERROR IS BECAUSE YOU LEFT YOUR ANTIVIRUS OR
WINDOWS DEFENDER ON AND DIDNT EXCLUDE THE FOLDER FROM BEING SCANNED AND THIS FILES
GOT DELETED.

RldOrigin.dll
RldOrigin

YOU NEED THOSE TO FILES IN ORDER FOR YOU NOT TO USE ORIGINS.
I HOPE IT HELPS IT. JUST SHARE THIS, THANKS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 12:32

so the problem is not windows 10, is the WINDOWS DEFENDER.

Every time you get an update for windows your DEFENDER will do a small scan and POOF* there goes your

small files and if you don't know what are they, then you will never miss them.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 14 Sep 2015, 19:44

javi126 wrote:so the problem is not windows 10, is the WINDOWS DEFENDER.

Every time you get an update for windows your DEFENDER will do a small scan and POOF* there goes your

small files and if you don't know what are they, then you will never miss them.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Thanks for the post; indeed, problems with anti-virus systems and TS4 are well-known. I wrote an extensive post a long time ago already, here (and just updated it a few days ago):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Also, may I ask why you reported the opening post here ? You should only use this "report post to moderator or admin"-feature when you want to report things like ads, outside download links, abuse, etc. Please keep that in mind for the future, thank you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Oct 2015, 18:10

Thanks so much for posting that, Javi. Sorry for my delayed reply.
I'm not getting the errors you mentioned though. My game works but it crashes while I'm playing and says "Sims 4 has stopped working" etc. 

I still haven't found a solution, so in the meantime, the 'save' button and I have become best friends  Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top