Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open For Business petition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Open For Business petition  Empty Open For Business petition

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 11:24

Back to top Go down

Open For Business petition  Empty Re: Open For Business petition

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 11:51

Correct me on this but we are getting this kind of thing with Island Paradise where we run our own resort right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 16:55

Open For Business = Ambitions.

*rants about how nobody gives a damn about petitions and how people who make them are just asking for attention*

Anyway *cough* The Sims 3 sucks. They've already stuffed too many expansions in it and there are still two on the way. The amount of bugs added by them are beyond anybody's ability to fix, best thing to do now is to put The Sims 3 out of it's misery, and The Sims 4 is long overdue.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 12 May 2013, 18:27

TUN3R wrote:Open For Business = Ambitions.

*rants about how nobody gives a damn about petitions and how people who make them are just asking for attention*

Disagree. OPB≠Ambitions. Since you cannot create or rent a shop yourself which u can sell clothings, etc... and be a sellsperson. The degree and scale of business in Ambitions is different from OPB. If u ask me, Ambitions only includes some careers and consignment stores. And consignment store is different from the store that ur sims can own in OPB. Of course you can sell things in the consignment stores, but it's *insane* to tell someone that you can have a chance to be a sellsperson/manage the shop in such a large scale of business like that of OPB. I hope u understand this coz I cannot explain things well.

TUN3R wrote:Anyway *cough* The Sims 3 sucks. They've already stuffed too many expansions in it and there are still two on the way. The amount of bugs added by them are beyond anybody's ability to fix, best thing to do now is to put The Sims 3 out of it's misery, and The Sims 4 is long overdue.
Partially agree. I think EA should double-check and test The Sims 4 before they release it. I won't ask them to complete this mission right away and rush. If they rush the game out without even doing all these, the game will suck. If The Sims 4 is a DRM edition, well most of us cannot play it and what is the point of expecting and waiting for it? (LOL) And The Sims 3 *partially sucks*. The game features are great in general but the lags and freezes hinder the pleasure of gameplay. Not to mention the crashes and harsh game requirements of The Sims 3. The Sims 3 sucks in this way. NOT totally though.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 20:19

cat2006house wrote:Disagree. OPB≠Ambitions. Since you cannot create or rent a shop yourself which u can sell clothings, etc... and be a sellsperson. The degree and scale of business in Ambitions is different from OPB. If u ask me, Ambitions only includes some careers and consignment stores. And consignment store is different from the store that ur sims can own in OPB. Of course you can sell things in the consignment stores, but it's *insane* to tell someone that you can have a chance to be a sellsperson/manage the shop in such a large scale of business like that of OPB. I hope u understand this coz I cannot explain things well.

Yeah, OFB makes running a store 10 times more complicated and 10 times less profitable than it needs to be. Not to mention clubs never seemed to give any profit in OFB, they do in The Sims 3.

cat2006house wrote:
Partially agree. I think EA should double-check and test The Sims 4 before they release it. I won't ask them to complete this mission right away and rush. If they rush the game out without even doing all these, the game will suck. If The Sims 4 is a DRM edition, well most of us cannot play it and what is the point of expecting and waiting for it? (LOL) And The Sims 3 *partially sucks*. The game features are great in general but the lags and freezes hinder the pleasure of gameplay. Not to mention the crashes and harsh game requirements of The Sims 3. The Sims 3 sucks in this way. NOT totally though.

Do you know what's the most important quality of a game?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 13 May 2013, 11:52

TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:Disagree. OPB≠Ambitions. Since you cannot create or rent a shop yourself which u can sell clothings, etc... and be a sellsperson. The degree and scale of business in Ambitions is different from OPB. If u ask me, Ambitions only includes some careers and consignment stores. And consignment store is different from the store that ur sims can own in OPB. Of course you can sell things in the consignment stores, but it's *insane* to tell someone that you can have a chance to be a sellsperson/manage the shop in such a large scale of business like that of OPB. I hope u understand this coz I cannot explain things well.

Yeah, OFB makes running a store 10 times more complicated and 10 times less profitable than it needs to be. Not to mention clubs never seemed to give any profit in OFB, they do in The Sims 3.

This is why OPB makes it more fun to play- the complication. What makes management games so fun? The depth and complaication of the game. If the game is too easy to play, then what is the point of playing? Thinking of how to manage a shop and how to earn huge profits in OPB even though it's hard is so much fun. And not to mention the feeling of success if u earn huge profits in OPB.

TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Elaborate.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 13 May 2013, 12:15

TUN3R wrote:

I think that's for each individual to decide. Take the Elder Scrolls series for example. I have MorrowinD and Oblivion for PC and Skyrim on xbox. Skyrim has a lot of interesting features and the graphics are great. It doesn't have many bugs/glitches on xbox, nothing that makes the game unplayable anyway, but in my opinion, MorrowinD was/is a much better game than IV and V. Some would argue that it's a game's graphics that make it great, or the style in which it can be played.

The Sims 3 ah. Well there's much room for improvement. I'm not even going to the financial part since that hasn't affected me personally. It's messy. Full of avoidable issues that should've been corrected ages ago. And have been corrected, though not by EA. I really can't complain much though since I should hardly be able to play the base game, some lag and crashing is to be expected. I'd have expected it to run fabulously on a high-end system but alas, my 2 years at this forum have taught me that's an assumption I can't make anymore.
The idea of The Sims 3 is great but it's design not exactly flawless I guess.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 01:39

cat2006house wrote:This is why OPB makes it more fun to play- the
complication. What makes management games so fun? The depth and
complaication of the game. If the game is too easy to play, then what is the point of playing? Thinking
of how to manage a shop and how to earn huge profits in OPB even though
it's hard is so much fun. And not to mention the feeling of success if u
earn huge profits in OPB.

I don't know... to have fun? The Sims 3 is neither a management "game" nor a game that's meant to be complicated. Complex maybe, but not complicated. But hey, I have nothing against some challenge as long as it's rewarding. Problem is OFB wasn't nearly as rewarding as it should have been, and it wasn't challenging, it was difficult AKA frustrating. Not to mention it required you to visit your business way too often, and with The Sims 2's frequent loading... yeah.

Fun is a relative term, I guess some people like being frustrated even when playing games but I'm not one of them. Challenging is fine now and then, difficult? Hell no.

TUN3R wrote:
Elaborate.

Sure, yes or no.

Lady ElDi wrote:
I think that's for each individual to decide. Take the Elder Scrolls series for example. I have MorrowinD and Oblivion for PC and Skyrim on xbox. Skyrim has a lot of interesting features and the graphics are great. It doesn't have many bugs/glitches on xbox, nothing that makes the game unplayable anyway, but in my opinion, MorrowinD was/is a much better game than IV and V. Some would argue that it's a game's graphics that make it great, or the style in which it can be played.

The Sims 3 ah. Well there's much room for improvement. I'm not even going to the financial part since that hasn't affected me personally. It's messy. Full of avoidable issues that should've been corrected ages ago. And have been corrected, though not by EA. I really can't complain much though since I should hardly be able to play the base game, some lag and crashing is to be expected. I'd have expected it to run fabulously on a high-end system but alas, my 2 years at this forum have taught me that's an assumption I can't make anymore.
The idea of The Sims 3 is great but it's design not exactly flawless I guess.

Pretty much. Anyway no, the most important quality of a game (my opinion... ish) is this: to be playable, and the second most important quality: to be enjoyable.

The Sims 3 isn't playable for many people, and isn't enjoyable for even more. So I'd say "partially sucks" is a bit of an understatement. But I play it more or less so I guess I can't say it totally sucks.

My point is, I think EA has three options right now:

A. Fix The Sims 3's major issues and optimize it. Aside from how many engine modifications this would involve and how big the patch would be, and how many mods that exist for The Sims 3 would be rendered incompatible, I think we can all agree this isn't an option EA will ever even consider.

B. Put The Sims 4 on hold and continue to release expansion packs for The Sims 3 and make it run even worse than it does already.

C. Put The Sims 3 out of it's misery and have Maxis focus solely (at leas after the last two expansions for The Sims 3, sigh) on The Sims 4 so they can deliver a proper PC game, which might just be better than The Sims 3... certainly can't be worse now that we know it won't be online-only. People who don't want it can still play The Sims 3, we get The Sims 4, everybody wins. Except Admin cause he has to keep re-uploading the Store items everytime EA threatens Mediafire.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 14 May 2013, 07:18

TUN3R wrote:My point is, I think EA has three options right now:

A. Fix The Sims 3's major issues and optimize it. Aside from how many engine modifications this would involve and how big the patch would be, and how many mods that exist for The Sims 3 would be rendered incompatible, I think we can all agree this isn't an option EA will ever even consider.

B. Put The Sims 4 on hold and continue to release expansion packs for The Sims 3 and make it run even worse than it does already.

C. Put The Sims 3 out of it's misery and have Maxis focus solely (at leas after the last two expansions for The Sims 3, sigh) on The Sims 4 so they can deliver a proper PC game, which might just be better than The Sims 3... certainly can't be worse now that we know it won't be online-only. People who don't want it can still play The Sims 3, we get The Sims 4, everybody wins. Except Admin cause he has to keep re-uploading the Store items everytime EA threatens Mediafire.

Well, I think these are all ur assumptions that The Sims 4 would be better than The Sims 3, meaning fewer glitches. I do hope The Sims 4 is like that. But, God, don't u think the planned date for releasing The Sims 4 is FAR TOO EARLY that they might not have time to double-check and fix the glitches that they find. As I said before, currently what I think is they rush the game out TOO EARLY.

Founders of Anti-EA compaign wrote: We believe that for too long now, EA has been abusing its power over their in-house developers by making them set very strict deadlines which reduces quality control and sometimes forces them to release products that are either poorly made or not even finished properly, leading to the possibility that the cut or 'planned' content that was to be in the main release of the game is now forced to be output as DLC.

Well, if I were the CEO of EA or a member from the management team of the production of The Sims series, I would rather choose option A.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 19:18

cat2006house wrote:
Well, I think these are all ur assumptions that The Sims 4 would be better than The Sims 3, meaning fewer glitches. I do hope The Sims 4 is like that. But, God, don't u think the planned date for releasing The Sims 4 is FAR TOO EARLY that they might not have time to double-check and fix the glitches that they find. As I said before, currently what I think is they rush the game out TOO EARLY.

No, I think it's overdue. Like I said, I won't live forever. It's been almost five years, FIVE. Wait, I don't think you get it, here:

Open For Business petition  5

Far too early? What, you want The Sims 4 or The Sims Forever: "When it's Done" Edition? Seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 14 May 2013, 19:23

TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

No, I think it's overdue. Like I said, I won't live forever. It's been almost five years, FIVE. Wait, I don't think you get it, here:

Open For Business petition  5

Far too early? What, you want The Sims 4 or The Sims Forever: "When it's Done" Edition? Seriously.

Yes, it's already five years since they have been working on The Sims 1, 2, 3 EPs plus SPs DLC in all these years. Don't u realise that they are working on Island Paradise EP, Time Travel EP, The Sims 4 and other DLC (like Dragon Valley, etc..) at the same time!! How can EA squeeze that manpower to do all these at the same time? I am afraid that The Sims 4 would be messed up... since they are rushing all these things out without proper management. And I am afraid that The Sims 4 will be half-baked because the production of a video game is not that simple. It is like making a blockbuster movie, which costs at least 2.5 years. Of course a video game won't cost that long. But as far as I know, if u want the best, u need at least a year to produce with GATHERED MANPOWER. Not separated. A good video game needs the work of everyone in The Sims Production Group.

And u don't get what the founders of Anti-EA said? Here, I should make it more clearly:

Quote from Anti-EA: We believe that for too long now, EA has been abusing its power over their in-house developers by making them set very strict deadlines which reduces quality control and sometimes forces them to release products that are either poorly made or not even finished properly, leading to the possibility that the cut or 'planned' content that was to be in the main release of the game is now forced to be output as DLC.

Last edited by cat2006house on Tue 14 May 2013, 19:37; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 19:35

cat2006house wrote:
Yes, it's already five years since they have been working on The Sims 1, 2, 3 EPs plus SPs+ DLC in all these years. Don't u realise that they are working on Island Paradise EP, Time Travel EP, The Sims 4 and other DLC (like Dragon Valley, etc..) at the same time!! How can EA squeeze that manpower to do all these at the same time? I am afraid that The Sims 4 would be messed up... since they are rushing all these things out without proper management.

Wait, you think The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, SimCity, base games, EP's etc etc were developed by the same team? HAH no. As you said, that would be humanly impossible.

The Sims and The Sims 2 had the same designers behind them, lead by Will Wright although the development teams were no doubt different. The Sims 3 wasn't even entirely made by Maxis, at some point even the overpaid pricks at Black Box were working on it (whom I believe are to blame for The Sims 3 being so broken).

Maxis is big, it's not just one team working on a series of games, it's many. Only thing they all had in common was Will Wright, but he left Maxis a long time ago. Maxis was relatively big even before EA bought them.

They aren't the only ones. Almost every main Ubisoft game is made by Ubisoft Montreal. Do you think one team does all of them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top