Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed" Empty Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed"

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 13:06

Hi,

I tried to install the sims 3 base game following the new updated MAC Guide. It went fine until I tried to install the first expansion. I have this message : "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed".

I've seen another post where someone found the .localized file but didn't say where he found it. When I go to " show content", there is no bin folder too (this was also suggested).

I also tried the solution to install it where the "Application" folder is but, in that case, I have a regional error saying that "the setup has detected that the regional install code for The Sims 3 is different than what this expansion requires".

I tried to install it with the reloaded sims 3. I was able to install all the expansions with that but, 20 mns after playing, the game freezes (i've uninstalled and re-installed a few times). So now Im trying with that method but it still not work for me!

So if someone has a solution, I would be really grateful! The last attempt I will do if it doesn't work, is buying the sims base game 2nd hand and hopefully it will work!!

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed" Empty Re: Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed"

Post by Phoebe Sat 25 May 2013, 16:44

Hello,
This mean you're installing the expansion packs in different place than Sims 3. Like you said later, when you put the main game in the App folder, it works but there is another problem with it. Those two are different problems. The first one is about you not choosing the right place for your EP, and the second is a common problem, that you can easily solve.

Now, decide where you want to install your all Sims 3 Games. Then put the cracked version of The sims 3 (the one you got from the piratebay) in a file called The Sims 3. And install every Ep you want in that folder, only THAT folder.

And World Adventures EP causes that regional code problem. With other expansion Pack you will be fine. I suggest you to download all the other expansion packs except WA, and wehn you are done just do it.

"Go to the application> show package content> content> resources> transgaming> c-drive> program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> Bin> Then open Default.ini with text edit. Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says GameVersion = 1.8.25.003001 change the end one to 2 or whatever works for you like this GameVersion = 1.8.25.003002 then close and save. And that's it."
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed" Empty Re: Message Error: "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed"

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 00:37

Thanks!
It worked!! I installed everything but I still have that problem : the game crashes after playing 25mns. I was actually able to play for 50 mns the last time before it crashed.

I really don't know what to do about that. I don't even have error reports coming up. It just crashes and I have to turn off the computer by pressing the on/off button.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 16:05

Ok, first, try to delete your cache:
  • Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete those files: CasPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and simCompositorCache.package
  • Delete the folder Thumbnails
  • If you have a DCCache and a DCBackup folder (and if you don't have Custom Content or you don't mind losing them), delete both folders

Does this work?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 08:39

I had this same problem, what I did was create a folder called The Sims 3.localized Where the dot (.) is in the folder name will disappear and then I moved all the base game into this folder. The expansions then was able to find it and install.

Steps:
1. Create a folder in Applications called The Sims 3.localized
2. The .localized will disappear
3. Right-click and hitting get information
4. Under "Name & Extensions:" The Sims 3.localized should appear
5. Move the base game into this folder
6. Expansions should install

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 23:41

I also am trying to get my World Adventures to install, and I keep getting the same message. My The Sims 3 application is in the "Sims 3.localized" folder. But, it still comes up with this error. In fact, it's doing it to all my expansion pack installs. This is driving me nuts.. lol. Please help. Thanks. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:22

Hello,

Please open a new topic for us to see and help you.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top