Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game! Empty Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game!

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 19:17

Every time I try to open the game, the launcher never opens. I know I can open the game by using the Game/Bin/TS3W thing and opening it as an administator, and making it compatible for Windows 95. Thats no issue for me, however, I can't install any more mods because I can't open the launcher. It just never shows up. I've tried putting the Sims3 folder on the desktop, but that hasn't helped at all. I've also tried the ultimate fix, and that hasn't worked at all either

On top of that, I can't open any previously saved games. So in order to play, I have to make a new game every time, and that is annoying and not fun.

I'm running on Windows 8
Processor: Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU 2.20 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
System type: 64-bit

I have the base game disk, and I've torrented all the other expansion packs, no stuff packs installed.

Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, please help! Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game! Empty Re: Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game!

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 21:57

Ok, Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" to "The Sims 33" (so that the game doesn't recognize it, so you can rename it however you want).
Does this solve the problem?

Back to top Go down

Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game! Empty Re: Launcher closes on open, And the game never loads everytime I try to open a game!

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 22:14

The launcher still won't open. Should I try opening through TS3W?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 02:42

I am experiencing this same problem! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 27 May 2013, 09:28

Hello,

Sometimes it can be helpful in this case to reinstall just the base game, but start by doing steps 2-4 on this page again.

iishmanda wrote:I am experiencing this same problem! Sad

Please open a new topic, it'll be easier for us to keep track and provide personal support that way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top