Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some questions :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some questions :) Empty Some questions :)

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 04:20

Before I ask anything, I'd just like to say a big thank you to the people who created all this and did all the programming and what not. I'm usually a technophobe and thought that this was never going to work, but it did and I'm so happy!

One of my questions is this: I originally just downloaded the sims 3 base game and supernatural, just to see if it works (and it did, fingers crossed). I'ce followed all the steps from the guide and installed the update and fixing thing. I now eant to install some other expansion packs, so would I have to install the fix thing again? Would I still have to drag the two #crack files to the sims 3 bin?

Also, since I didn't download the origin update manager, do I have to check regularly for updates here, download the update programme again and install it?

Another question, how do I download custom content (like from mod the sims)? I'm new to the Sims 3 but I remember that in the sims 2 you have to extract them and put them in a downloads folder?

Finally (sorry for all these questions, I'm such a n00b), when I open the 'computer' folder (the one which shows you any USB sticks etc.), the Sims 3 icon is there (I guess it's supposed to be like there's an actual disk inside the computer?). Is it supposed to be there, since I'm now on supernatural rather than the base game? Is there a way to move it away or something?

Anyway, your help would be much appreciated in answering these questions! Razz

Back to top Go down

Some questions :) Empty Re: Some questions :)

Post by invalidusername Mon 27 May 2013, 07:43

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

1. Yes, you'll have to reapply the fix, when you're all done installing everything. This thread has very nice instructions that are pretty easy to follow, and steps 2-5 are for every installation you do. (Recommended for when you're all done installing things for the moment though Razz )
2. It's up to you whether or not you update. The game will let you know when there's an update available, as long as you have internet connection, Origin would just be how you downloaded it in that manner. The updates are only important if you're adding new mods/cc, store content, or new expansions that have come out.
3. There are multiple sites that actually have guides on this, modthesims.info is my personal favorite for the content, and here is their handy guide on different types of cc, and how to install them all (the links near the bottom expand on each type).
4. Did you ever "unmount" the iso from installing the base game? That's all you probably have to do to get rid of that. Wink
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 May 2013, 22:14

Hello,

For .package Mods, you might want to try our little "Games4theworld style" Guide I uploaded here: https://mega.co.nz/#!x4tlkJDa!BxcTvxTjhrf8Lu5eSWz1ngfITzx_So1W0ml20RX53MY
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top