Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 21:18

Hello,

I'm very computer smart, on windows that is. And I'm about to throw this stupid iMac out of the window.. Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED] 2633043849 I spent three days so far trying to get the expansion packs to run, typed a whole story that notes didn't save (thank you apple) but now I have deleted everything for the 100th time and am asking for your help Smile I am not giving up ha ha ha.

I downloaded the Sims base game and expansion packs from G4TW. Turned the EPS into mac dmgs. Downloaded the manual update and the ultimate fix.

If I don't update the Sims 3 to the latest version, there is no error, and I can play. I update to 1.50 and suddenly it says: Disc Authentication failure. Now I try different things: I install supernatural and try to play it without using any crack for the base and EP.
It doesn't work. I get the disc authentication failure. So I do what the mac guide says and use the ultimate fix crack. And the game works.

Then I install the Diesel stuff pack. It works. Install Town life. Then suddenly I get the Disc Authentication failure again. I try to fix it by copying and pasting the crack again. Now I get the 'Unable to start game, service initialization failed (ox024e424f)' error. And I'm now totally clueless to how to fix this. Since this happened 100 times before.

Is it possible to fix this without removing all the Sims games, and doing this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11836-disc-authorization-failure-with-ultimate-fix-and-manual-patch-solved

Back to top Go down

Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Phoebe Wed 29 May 2013, 10:09

Hello,

Where did you get your base game from? From our site? Then you should use the working one, as this one in site doesn't. And you should follow Mac guide to complete a problem-free installition.

Please take your time, and read every part carefully. If you have further questions, please let us know from here.

Good luck!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't install expansion packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 13:16

I used the link supplied in the mac guide. The thing is, I did everything in the guide and there are still errors and disc authentication errors.

I followed the instructions in the topic I linked to in the first post, but I get a 'Unable to start game, service initialization failed' error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 30 May 2013, 11:41

Hello,
But this means you do something wrong somewhere... You can't do the crack in right way.

Can you please explain how you install and crack your game step by step? Maybe this way we can figure it what is the problem.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 14:10

This problem is now solved Very Happy I can finally play the game with all EP's. I removed all the games again, and tried restarting every time like this topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11836-disc-authorization-failure-with-ultimate-fix-and-manual-patch-solved
and now my game works. Smile

Thanks

Helper edit: Good to hear it. Smile Topic is closed.
-Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top