Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 00:55

Hey, guys.

Here's the deal, I played The Sims 3 a lot up until mid February. It worked perfectly except for some errors while saving because of my computer RAM.

Today, I felt like playing again and updated it to the latest version. After downloading the crack for the new version, I tried the open the game and a "mod warning" appeared. I proceeded anyway, and when one of my save files was loading, the game crashed. I tried it with other existent save files and the game crashes everytime they are loading. HOWEVER, it allows me to create new worlds.

Since everything was fine until 4 months ago, is it possible that the new update corrupted my save files? I also have some mods installed from before, could it be one (or more) of them doing this?

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:34

BerryLover wrote:Hey, guys.

Here's the deal, I played The Sims 3 a lot up until mid February. It worked perfectly except for some errors while saving because of my computer RAM.

Today, I felt like playing again and updated it to the latest version. After downloading the crack for the new version, I tried the open the game and a "mod warning" appeared. I proceeded anyway, and when one of my save files was loading, the game crashed. I tried it with other existent save files and the game crashes everytime they are loading. HOWEVER, it allows me to create new worlds.

Since everything was fine until 4 months ago, is it possible that the new update corrupted my save files? I also have some mods installed from before, could it be one (or more) of them doing this?

Hello,

First: where did you get the crack from ? I suggest you only use the files from the "Ultimate fix", available
here.

As for the crashes, I recommend for now that you delete the unnecessary cache files; in Windows, they are located in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And yes, it is possible that outdated mods might cause the crashing too. You should go inside the "The Sims 3"-folder and rename the "Mods" folder in any way you want (for example: "Mods_"). This will disable all your mods. I don't know what mods you have, but some mods might still cause problems, even if you disable them: if you use certain mods, like NRAAS Story progression, you have to disable all settings you made with that mod (usually by clicking on the town hall symbol or a computer). If you don't do that, and even update your game in the meantime, your game will crash. In that case, you would 1) either have to install the latest versions of these mods which are compatible with your base game version or 2) if that doesn't work you have to un-install the game, and then re-install it with the patch you used when the game still worked. All of this is the "worst case scenario" though, which I don't hope is the case here. You should always read all the instructions of the mods you are using.

But for now, again, use the files from the Ultimate fix only, delete the cache files I showed you above and rename the "Mods" folder. Maybe this can help. If not, then let us know.

Good luck!

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes while loading after update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 15:50

Looks like it was the mods. Thanks for your help! Many of them probably don't work with this latest game version, so I have to delete all of them (except hair, clothes, skins, etc, which I don't think are the cause of the crashes). Once again, thank you very much!

Helper edit: I interpret this as "problem solved" Wink. OK, happy simming! I will close this now.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top