Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 04:41

Okay, so the current state of my game is that I launch it via the TS3W.exe, it comes up with an error saying that I have unofficial game modifications. If I click continue, the game proceeds to launch and take me to the main menu. If I try start a new game, it crashes while loading.

I have tried the ultimate fix, it was what got me to the stage of actually being able to launch the game (before that it would just crash on launch).
I have used the manual patch.
I have added all expansions and the base game to the DEP list.
I have tried deleting my "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder.

I also have the following expansions:
Base (Retail), World Adventures (Retail), High-End Loft (Retail), Ambitions (Retail), Fast Lane (Retail), Late Night (Retail), Pets (Retail), Supernatural (Pirated), Seasons (Retail) and University (Pirated). All retail games I bought in store and I (hopefully) have the discs for them.

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 04:44

Ceane wrote:Okay, so the current state of my game is that I launch it via the TS3W.exe, it comes up with an error saying that I have unofficial game modifications. If I click continue, the game proceeds to launch and take me to the main menu. If I try start a new game, it crashes while loading.

I have tried the ultimate fix, it was what got me to the stage of actually being able to launch the game (before that it would just crash on launch).
I have used the manual patch.
I have added all expansions and the base game to the DEP list.
I have tried deleting my "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" folder.

I also have the following expansions:
Base (Retail), World Adventures (Retail), High-End Loft (Retail), Ambitions (Retail), Fast Lane (Retail), Late Night (Retail), Pets (Retail), Supernatural (Pirated), Seasons (Retail) and University (Pirated). All retail games I bought in store and I (hopefully) have the discs for them.
Hello,

How did you apply the Ultimate Fix? Which folder of the Ultimate Fix did you use to crack the game? And which folder did you apply the Ultimate Fix to?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes when loading. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 04:47

I followed the instructions in the .pdf to the letter. I put the expansion files it told me to in their folders, and put the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll in the Sims 3 base game directory.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 04:50

Ceane wrote:I followed the instructions in the .pdf to the letter. I put the expansion files it told me to in their folders, and put the TS3W.exe and the TSLHost.dll in the Sims 3 base game directory.
Hello,

It seems to me that you overlooked the folder #crack in the Ultimate Fix. Please make sure you have moved the content inside this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (OR C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 04:54

Sorry, I mustn't have been clear enough. I did put the crack in the base game folder too.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 04:58

Ceane wrote:Sorry, I mustn't have been clear enough. I did put the crack in the base game folder too.
Hello,

Can you attempt steps 2-4 of this guide again? Click "Continue" or "Ok" even though you are told that you have updated your game.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 05:19

Same result. Tells me there's an unofficial game mod, and crashes on starting a new game.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 05:28

Ceane wrote:Same result. Tells me there's an unofficial game mod, and crashes on starting a new game.
Hello,

Do you have any mods that are outdated or incompatible? Please remove them.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 05:38

No mods what so ever. Deleted my "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" just to make sure there weren't any anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 05:47

Ceane wrote:No mods what so ever. Deleted my "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3" just to make sure there weren't any anywhere.
Hello,

As far as I am concerned, incompatible mods/installing The Sims 3 incorrectly are the only reasons why this error occurs. Maybe we should have a Teamviewer meeting about this.

If you don't have Teamviewer installed, please install it here. After installing, launch Teamviewer. In the "remote control", you can see your ID and password. Give me your ID and password via private message.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 12:42

Alright, after a lengthy TeamViewer conference we managed to find out what the problem was (I had the base game and expansions installed across two different drives) and uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and it's working perfectly fine now. Thanks again for all the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 26 Aug 2013, 14:59

Ceane wrote:Alright, after a lengthy TeamViewer conference we managed to find out what the problem was (I had the base game and expansions installed across two different drives) and uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and it's working perfectly fine now. Thanks again for all the help.
Hello,

Alright we shall close the topic now. By the way, he downloaded The Sims 3 base game from Origin, so the correct dirrectory of applying the #crack of the Ultimate Fix is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (or D-drive in your case).

Moderator edit: Alright, then. Topic closed.

- Carlos
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top