Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curious about removing one expansion pack.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curious about removing one expansion pack. Empty Curious about removing one expansion pack.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:36

Hi everybody,

I have all the sims 3 expansion pack right now, and i am playing on a game progressing where i found out that the supernatural stuffs kinda not suit me. So, i want to ask if it is possible for me to remove the expansion pack where it wont affects the game i am playing right now. And will the witch,zombie,werewolf,fairy etc. return to normal human ? And what is the ways to remove the expansion if it is possible ?

Back to top Go down

Curious about removing one expansion pack. Empty Re: Curious about removing one expansion pack.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:48

Hello,

You can uninstall it quite easily, with control panel or youruninstaller (don't forget to restart the pc).
I'm not 100% sure it won't affect your current savegame, so backup your saves before you do anything else.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Curious about removing one expansion pack. Empty Re: Curious about removing one expansion pack.

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 13:11

So at least uninstalling one expansion pack wont cause any harm to the whole game rite.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 02 Jun 2013, 13:53

Hello,

I don't think so, but can't guarantee anything. So don't forget to make a backup of your savegames so you can reinstall the expansion if needed. You can always turn supernaturals off in the options panel and use a mod to change existing supernaturals to regular sims.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 14:41

Ohh i mean the entire sims 3 will not be corrupt rite and any mod recommended?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Jun 2013, 17:54

Jurou wrote:Hi everybody,

I have all the sims 3 expansion pack right now, and i am playing on a game progressing where i found out that the supernatural stuffs kinda not suit me. So, i want to ask if it is possible for me to remove the expansion pack where it wont affects the game i am playing right now. And will the witch,zombie,werewolf,fairy etc. return to normal human ? And what is the ways to remove the expansion if it is possible ?

Hello there,

I would recommend that if your sims are "supernaturals", then you turn them back into normal sims, but not with CAS. One way could be to get hold of the "Potent cure elixir" which turns Supernaturals back.

Moreover, you should go into "edit town" and save your sim(s) into the bin. Why ? Well, I'm thinking here about "Moonlight Falls", the world that comes with "Supernatural". If your savegame is in that world, and you un-install the expansion, then you can't load that savegame afterwards.

So after un-installing you start a new savegame in another world and place your sims from the bin into that new town.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top