Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 manual patch won't run

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 manual patch won't run Empty Sims 3 manual patch won't run

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 05:50

Hello! I intalled Generations and was following the directions and everything was going fine until it was time for me to install the manual patch, which I dowloaded from here https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v150-fix-manual-patch . I have a store bought Base game and Nightlife expansion. Anyway, when I try clicking on the patch to run it I get this error message:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp(140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16576

So I don't know what to do Sad please help I'd really appreciate it

//EDIT

Also, I don't know why it says windows vista because I have windows 7

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 manual patch won't run Empty Re: Sims 3 manual patch won't run

Post by invalidusername Wed 05 Jun 2013, 08:50

This is a common error, basically telling us that the download was interrupted, or it got corrupted somehow. Try re-downloading it, using a different browser if you can.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 00:25

Ok, I tried that (downloading it again from a different browser) and I still got the same message :/

//EDIT

is there any other things I could try?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 06 Jun 2013, 01:08

glorybr wrote:Ok, I tried that (downloading it again from a different browser) and I still got the same message :/

//EDIT

is there any other things I could try?

Well, that is a difficult problem indeed. There isn't too much left I'm afraid: try downloading it with a THIRD browser.

You can then also try changing the standard internet browser (I think via the "System Control Panel"?).

But apart from these possibilities, I can't think of anything else.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jun 2013, 02:22

Ok, could you tell me then how to uninstall the expansion pack I downloaded? just on control panel?

also, you think if I just uninstall that I'll still be able to play the games I already had installed (the store-bought ones)? or do I have to uninstall everything? because right now it tells me I'm missing the CD (guess that's because I can't apply the manual patch)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 09 Jun 2013, 19:55

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Are you using a download manager? If yes, turn it off and try again.
If not, I think there's a torrent for the manual patch somewhere out there.

As for downloading via your browser, remember not to pause or interrupt the download.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 19:04

Ok, I got it to work downloading in another house and then I got it to run using "run as administrator" because it didn't want to run. But now I try to play the game and it asks for the CD, even when I try to run the game as administrator it still asks for the CD. I've applied the Ultimate fix and now finally managed to apply the patch so I don't know what's up. could it be that the cracks in ultimate fix also need to be applied to my store bought base game and to my store bought expansions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 22:52

glorybr wrote:Ok, I got it to work downloading in another house and then I got it to run using "run as administrator" because it didn't want to run. But now I try to play the game and it asks for the CD, even when I try to run the game as administrator it still asks for the CD. I've applied the Ultimate fix and now finally managed to apply the patch so I don't know what's up. could it be that the cracks in ultimate fix also need to be applied to my store bought base game and to my store bought expansions?

Hello,

Do you have the "No-CD" mod installed ? If yes, then take it out.

Do you know how to make screenshotes and upload them here ?
To make a screenshot, go to the file location you want to make a picture from, press Prt Scr which is ( USUALLY ) next to F12 , on top of Insert , and next to Scroll Lock. Then you open, for example, a program like "Microsoft Paint" and select the option "Paste". Now you should see your screenshot - then you save your picture.

To upload a picture here, click on "Host image", then select your screenshot, with the resolution 1024x. After that you should get the URL (the "internet link") for that picture. Now you go to "Insert image" (the symbol on the right next to "Host image") and paste the URL.

Now, please, make a screenshot of where you are trying to put the files from the Ultimate fix. Remember: since you used the "manual patch" for updating, it is enough when you use the two files from the #crack sub-folder in the fix (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll). In Windows, these two files go into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

What you might also try to do is to add the file location of these two files to the "exceptions" of your anti-virus software, just in case your program has something to do with it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 01:05

I have no hacks or mods installed prior to this. I am doing it exaclty like the instructional video said to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 04:11

Ok this is where I put the Generation crack of the ultimate fix. (IGNORE the highlight on the bin files, I didn't add anything there, that was just me being absent minded while taking the screen captures. I added the Generations Crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and the Late Night crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin)
Sims 3 manual patch won't run Captur10

since that didn't work and it still asked for a CD I also added the crack to my store bought Late night epSims 3 manual patch won't run Captur11

Last edited by glorybr on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:13

Is there anything I could do? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:29

glorybr wrote:Ok this is where I put the Generation crack of the ultimate fix. (IGNORE the highlight on the bin files, I didn't add anything there, that was just me being absent minded while taking the screen captures. I added the Generations Crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and the Late Night crack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin)
Sims 3 manual patch won't run Captur10

since that didn't work and it still asked for a CD I also added the crack to my store bought Late night epSims 3 manual patch won't run Captur11

Hello,

It seems that you have put the #crack in the wrong folder, since you have bought the base game. Place the content of the #crack in this folder: C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the one inside The Sims 3 folder of Origin Games folder.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 02:50

I do not have an Origin folder and I already saw the video and followed the directions

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:32

glorybr wrote:I do not have an Origin folder and I already saw the video and followed the directions

Hello,

Can you delete the browsing histories and try again (reopen the web browser and redownload the manual patch)?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down