Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation Empty Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 23:28

Hi!
Over the past week or so I've downloaded The Sims 3 and some EPs from here because I lost all of my game disks in a recent move. So I have a problem:
I have no CC or mods installed and have followed the directions completely with the most up-to-date crack. The only thing I haven't done is install the manual patch because I
haven't been able to figure it out. (I feel like it is obvious but I tried everything I could think of.) But every time I pull up the launcher and press play I get an error message saying "service initialization failed 0x024e424f."

I installed: the base game, Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Seasons, Pets, University Life, and Katy Perry's Sweet Treats all in the correct chronological order.

Here is some maybe relevant information:
Model Identifier: MacBook7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Free Space: 93.71 GB

Sorry about the possible information overload but I just miss simming Sad
Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation Empty Re: Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 02:39

i am pretty much exactly where he is and i did your ultimate fix and went to your must read guide but still after all get the please insert disk message plz help

//EDIT

execpt the manual patch is applied simply by closing the game you have to extract the rar file of the manual patch with stuffit expander then simply run it without running the game locate the sims app in the finder it pulls up then click the blue update button in the bottom right corner

and also i may have found a cure for you MalloryShay go into your game bin folder and check the other folders in there and check that you didn't drop the crack into a different folder in the bin folder itself e.g.. folders jazz misc packs or other

Helper edit: Please open a new topic for your problem and use EDIT button when want to update your post!
-Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation Empty Re: Sims 3 Mac Error/ Manual Patch Installation

Post by Phoebe Tue 11 Jun 2013, 16:29

Hello,

First of all, you haven't mentioned about your problem. You've installed all the games you mentioned but can't get them work?

For the second, are you sure your game is up-to-date? I mean can you update it through the launcher?

Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 21:48

i actually don't have a problem i fixed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Jun 2013, 21:51

donny_moonshine wrote:i actually don't have a problem i fixed it
Hello,

Glad to hear you fixed it!
If you run into more problems, please do open your own topic, in order to avoid confusion on our side. Thank you!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 22:12

i actually was haveing the same problem as mallory shay but once i figured it out i was trying to be helpful to a fellow user

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Jun 2013, 22:16

donny_moonshine wrote:i actually was haveing the same problem as mallory shay but once i figured it out i was trying to be helpful to a fellow user
Hello,

Oh, I see. Sorry about that then. I read this, hence my answer:
donny_moonshine wrote:Helper edit: Please open a new topic for your problem and use EDIT button when want to update your post!
-Phoebe
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 12 Jun 2013, 15:41

donny_moonshine wrote:i am pretty much exactly where he is and i did your ultimate fix and went to your must read guide but still after all get the please insert disk message plz help   

The reason why I edited your post and saying to open a new topic was because of this, as you were having the same problem, not because trying to help a fellow at the first Wink
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top