Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error. Empty Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error.

Post by Guest Sat 15 Feb 2020, 12:31

Hey there, apologies if this topic has been covered before. Most posts mentioning this error are *very old*.

As the title suggests, every time I try to apply the patch I downloaded from this forum, I get this error:

Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error. Unknown

I've followed the instructions here. I'm running a new system (Win10, up-to-date) so I'm not sure what Visual C++ I need here? If that is the issue at all.

Any help would be appreciated! Sorry if this ends up being a very easy fix, I just wanted to make sure I'm dealing with this the right way. Smile Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error. Empty Re: Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Feb 2020, 20:32

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @pyuu,

Try re-downloading the manual patch with a different browser. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Iridium, etc. Then try again. Smile

Also, make sure to not interrupt or pause the download in your browser. You probably didn't do it anyways, but on the off chance that you did, you know better now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error. Empty Re: Manual Patch for the Sims Medieval (2.0.113) Runtime Error.

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2020, 16:06

Glad to be here! Thanks for the welcome and your quick response Very Happy 

I'll give that a go later today and update this post accordingly.

On a somewhat related note; I understand Windows Defender tends to not like cracked games, but felt the need to ask anyway - should it worry me that it marked a file within the crack folder in the Pirates & Nobles directory as malware? 

I've never had any issues of this sort from this site so it caught me by surprise.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Feb 2020, 18:18

The file rld.dll is regarded by most anti-virus programs as a Trojan Horse.
Don't worry, it is absolutely harmless but is required to play the cracked version of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Feb 2020, 05:11

pyuu wrote:Glad to be here! Thanks for the welcome and your quick response Very Happy 

I see that copyright holders (and tech companies working together with them) are getting bolder. Back in the days, they "just" declared these downloads to be a minor nuisance. But nowadays, they are a "severe threat". What a nice compliment!

And no, there are no viruses in G4TW's repacks.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2020, 20:20

bbongers wrote:The file rld.dll is regarded by most anti-virus programs as a Trojan Horse.
Don't worry, it is absolutely harmless but is required to play the cracked version of the game.

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I see that copyright holders (and tech companies working together with them) are getting bolder. Back in the days, they "just" declared these downloads to be a minor nuisance. But nowadays, they are a "severe threat". What a nice compliment!

And no, there are no viruses in G4TW's repacks.

Thanks for the heads up to both of you! Smile  And yeah, I guess nowadays it's gotten to a point where they lose money, so they have to tackle it somehow. Reporting ~scary viruses~ where there's none is a sure way to get people to not trust cracks that much.

Anyways, I did as you suggested and re-downloaded the patch (on Microsoft Edge this time) - it worked fine! I don't know what happened the first time lmao. I may have taken some unnecessary steps and did the whole process from scratch (deleting everything, downloading and installing the game itself even) to make sure I have no room for errors but now it runs perfectly so that was worth it.

I appreciate all your help! Wishing a good day to you both. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top