Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help with my sims 3 (READ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need help with my sims 3 (READ) Empty I need help with my sims 3 (READ)

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 13:32

I Played sims 3 after a really long time and its very slow it lags it was fine before Wat.

i have 5 store fix files and i scanned them with "DELPHY'S DASHBOARD" it says
1. KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes (CONFLICTS with StoreFix_DecrapFixes)
2. StoreFix_DecrapFixes (Object)
These both files conflict ._.
(sorry for my bad english)

Back to top Go down

I need help with my sims 3 (READ) Empty Re: I need help with my sims 3 (READ)

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 14:43

That's because they do the same thing. Delete one.

As for the lag, update your drivers. If that doesn't work get a better PC.

EDIT: Also, some worlds impact game performance more than others. If you were playing on a different world before that would explain it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 14:57

Hey back!
Ok, here's what I suggest: keep the KT fix. Once the replacement for the mediafire will be up, you can delete the one you kept and take the one from here Wink
And for the lag, try to download GameBooster from IObit. It may help!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Jun 2013, 15:18

TUN3R wrote:If that doesn't work get a better PC.

While this is true, it really doesn't help (at all). Most people get that. Most people also don't have "new pc" money in their budget. Can anyone say crisis?
Your message is valid and clear, but I'd really love to rephrase it to something more like:

TUN3R wrote:That's because they do the same thing. Delete one of them and you're good to go.

As for the lag, see if you have to update your drivers. If that doesn't help, your PC simply might not handle the game that well and if it bothers you too much, downsize your game or get a better pc.

EDIT: Also, some worlds impact game performance more than others. If you were playing on a different world before that would explain it.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 15:21

so i wont be able to play the sims 3 Sad

//EDIT

i have kept a cooling pad under my laptop Wat. that didnt help either WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Jun 2013, 15:32

Hello,

What can you tell us about your system specs? The easiest way to find out how your laptop does is to use this website.
You might want to post a screenshot of the results for us to review.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 15:38

it says view results and then it tells me the requirements of the sims 3:|

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 15:50

Please click the "Begin Detection" button, and tell us the result.
If you post the result of System Requirements, we already know them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 16:38

Lady ElDi wrote:
While this is true, it really doesn't help (at all)

You're right, you're so right.

arrnearrno, try moving your The Sims 3 folder from My Documents elsewhere, I'm sure that will fix all your problems even though it will probably only make your game crash on start-up. If it does work that means you have one of the 100 possible problems related to The Sims 3's user folder.

Was that more helpful LadiElDi? Mad

It's called advice, it is what it is, take it or leave it. I won't rephrase it just cause someone doesn't like my spelling.

Seriously this time, if you haven't tried re-installing your drivers yet and that turns out to be the problem, it would be like trying to figure out why your car isn't moving only to find out weeks later that all the tires were flat.

Nvidia: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
ATi / AMD: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Intel: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

To see if your graphics card is overheating, download GPU Temp and leave it on on while running The Sims 3. Check it after a few minutes and let us know of the result. http://www.gputemp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Jun 2013, 17:11

TUN3R wrote:
arrnearrno, try moving your The Sims 3 folder from My Documents elsewhere, I'm sure that will fix all your problems even though it will probably only make your game crash on start-up. If it does work that means you have one of the 100 possible problems related to The Sims 3's user folder.

Right.
Because that only takes care of:
Bad Mods/CC
Bad Caches
Bad user settings
Etc.

It only crashes your game on start up if you're suffering from horrible attitude though.

Whereas a new pc will allow the unicorn to hatch and it solves all your problems instantly.
Oh wait, it doesn't.

Renaming or removing is only the number 1 thing every other help forum/help blog advises you first as a simple, easy to understand first step in helping someone figure the problem out. Short of posting DxDiag which is way too much information if you ask me.

Now here's G4TW. Here at G4TW we advise users to go out and spend a couple 100 $$ on a new pc to run a torrented game.

No. Here at G4TW we want things to be simple and friendly. And for everyone to feel comfortable that their questions will be answered kindly. If we wanted "go buy a better pc and stop bothering us with your stupidity" we'd have joined a different forum.

And if you hate the way we work that much, [sarcasm]which hasn't been obvious at all over the past few weeks[/sarcasm], I suggest you do the same.

We value your insight and yeah sure you know how to work pc's and fix problems but the constant criticism about the way things work here is driving even me up the wall.

And I live by "Patience is a virtue".
Just saying.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 17:37

TUN3R should i download drivers from the website u gave me? should i download all of them or only 1?

//EDIT

sorry i havent done this before....

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Jun 2013, 17:49

Hello,

It depends on which card you have. We'll figure it out Smile
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 18:00

Intel Graphics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 18:32

Lady ElDi wrote:
Renaming or removing is only
the number 1 thing every other help forum/help blog advises you first
as a simple, easy to understand first step in helping someone figure the
problem out. Short of posting DxDiag which is way too much information
if you ask me.

Now here's G4TW. Here at G4TW we advise users to go out and spend a couple 100 $$ on a new pc to run a torrented game.

No.
Here at G4TW we want things to be simple and friendly. And for everyone
to feel comfortable that their questions will be answered kindly. If we
wanted "go buy a better pc and stop bothering us with your stupidity"
we'd have joined a different forum.

And if you hate the way we work that much, [sarcasm]which hasn't been obvious at all over the past few weeks[/sarcasm], I suggest you do the same.

We
value your insight and yeah sure you know how to work pc's and fix
problems but the constant criticism about the way things work here is
driving even me up the wall.

And I live by "Patience is a virtue".
Just saying.

Friendly and unhelpful.

I don't know what lead you to believe that I hate the way you work "in the past few weeks", but if you get critical, I get critical. There's few things that can be solved with sunshine and rainbows, and making your game run on a dinosaur PC isn't one of them. Hence "get a new PC".

But fine! If you think my logical solutions aren't helpful I'll get out of your way and let you help people with niceness, routine, magic duct tape, whatever. [sarcasm]It's not like you're busy with other things and need any help.[/sarcasm]

arrnearrno wrote:Intel Graphics

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Jun 2013, 20:08

TUN3R wrote:
Friendly and unhelpful.

I don't know what lead you to believe that I hate the way you work "in the past few weeks", but if you get critical, I get critical. There's few things that can be solved with sunshine and rainbows, and making your game run on a dinosaur PC isn't one of them. Hence "get a new PC".

But fine! If you think my logical solutions aren't helpful I'll get out of your way and let you help people with niceness, routine, magic duct tape, whatever. [sarcasm]It's not like you're busy with other things and need any help.[/sarcasm]

arrnearrno wrote:Intel Graphics

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Listen, your logical solutions are helpful, just not always practical. And "get a new pc" is not practical, or helpful. It doesn't help to tell people to go out and get a new pc for game lag! It's not as if stores are giving them away for free.
All I'm asking is for you to rephrase your messages so they come across a little more friendly.
I don't mind that you want to advise people to get a new pc, just say it like, "I'd recommend getting a better pc but if that's not realistic you might want to try this&that" and even if the pc is a dinosaur, people who can upgrade, will. All you can do is tell them their pc might be too low-end for what they want, it might help if they uninstall some EP's. Or find a way to deal with the lag.
We just want to avoid the MATY factor, even the MTS attitude here. We want everyone to feel like they were treated with dignity and not made to feel stupid. And that takes a little more time and patience but it leaves people feeling good about the experience of asking for help here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jun 2013, 21:44

Lady Eidi i can help you solve your problems with the sims though G4TW has a crude way of showing it they do know what they are doing its all a matter of following the instructions which for the most part tend to be quite a bit confusing

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 12 Jun 2013, 07:08

donny_moonshine wrote:Lady Eidi i can help you solve your problems with the sims though G4TW has a crude way of showing it they do know what they are doing its all a matter of following the instructions which for the most part tend to be quite a bit confusing

Hello,

If you think there's room for improvement, we are open to suggestions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jun 2013, 07:30

donny_moonshine wrote:(...) though G4TW has a crude way of showing it they do know what they are doing its all a matter of following the instructions which for the most part tend to be quite a bit confusing

Let me set the record straight: first of all, we Helpers, Moderators and Admins do not get paid for helping out people here. Hence, most of us aren't "experts" on these matters, but on the whole, our solutions tend to work. The next thing to keep in mind is that for problems in The Sims 3, there cannot always be perfect solutions.

The impression that you (seemingly ?) have is very often caused by people asking for solutions which simply do NOT exist and/or people who don't give us any accurate feedback about their progress. In order for us to help out as effective as possible, we need constant and precise feedback. So if we ask people if e.g. their graphics drivers are up-to-date, and they say "yes" although it is not the case, then this is not our fault, in case you believe this. By the way, we are already increasingly asking people to post screenshots of their troubleshooting-progress and in general we tend to explain things as simple as possible.

Indeed, if you feel that our solutions do not work, for whatever reason, you might post suggestions - or look elsewhere for better tips.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 00:06

Hey ummmm i just tested the sims each expansion it says u dont have enough video ram for Seasons,Supernatural,Generations Sad
so will i have to delete them? Sad
(Required 128 MB) 
(You Have 64 MB) <<<<< This is what it says for Seasons,Supernatural,Generations
can i upgrade my Video Ram?? :3 Dont know about The sims 3 master suite stuff and university because they're not appearing in the searchbox ._.

(IT SAYS PASS FOR ALL THE OTHER EXPANSIONS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top