Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED] Empty Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 13:21

Hello, I've been lurking the forums for heavens knows how long now but I wasn't exactly sure where else to receive such quick help on my issue.

After going through the Crash to desktop thread and trying out literally everything from increasing my RAM to 4GB to adding to my DEP list, turning off vertical sync and running my (modless) game with Razer Game Booster - I just can't seem to play my game for longer than 20 minutes without random jitter, then a crash to desktop. I get no errors, just a good ol' "Sims 3 has stopped responding".
I'm aware laptops aren't exactly made for gaming, but I've only just recently started having this issue. My requirements (besides my OS, as Windows 8 isn't listed in the compatible operating systems for when sims was released) all meet the standards.

It's absolutely baffles me as to why I can't seem to run a game such as this on a laptop that has absolutely no qualms of playing games such as The Elder Scrolls series with the highest possible graphics/shading settings.

Sorry if this issue has already arisen beforehand, and thankyou very much for your time. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 14:23

Nope, don't worry!
Ok, try to run the game as Administrator, Windows 8 is pretty uptight about security...

Back to top Go down

Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Crash to desktop becoming a nightmare! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 17:19

Seems to be the case actually! Ran smoothly for an hour, but I'm just waiting for it to crash so I'm saving like crazy.

Thankyou again, can't believe something so simple slipped my mind but I'm not in the clear just yet. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 17:59

Glad it worked!
I'll leave the topic open just in case! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 19:02

Also try not to alt tab once in the game, for some reason my game can run for hours as long as I do not alt tab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2013, 20:38

So far so good! And I'll keep that in mind, thankyou both. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jun 2013, 01:27

k4wa1i wrote:Hello, I've been lurking the forums for heavens knows how long now but I wasn't exactly sure where else to receive such quick help on my issue.

After going through the Crash to desktop thread and trying out literally everything from increasing my RAM to 4GB to adding to my DEP list, turning off vertical sync and running my (modless) game with Razer Game Booster - I just can't seem to play my game for longer than 20 minutes without random jitter, then a crash to desktop. I get no errors, just a good ol' "Sims 3 has stopped responding".
I'm aware laptops aren't exactly made for gaming, but I've only just recently started having this issue. My requirements (besides my OS, as Windows 8 isn't listed in the compatible operating systems for when sims was released) all meet the standards.

It's absolutely baffles me as to why I can't seem to run a game such as this on a laptop that has absolutely no qualms of playing games such as The Elder Scrolls series with the highest possible graphics/shading settings.

Sorry if this issue has already arisen beforehand, and thankyou very much for your time. Very Happy

Hello,

One more thing maybe: after every crash, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder "CurrentGame.sims3". Then you can start the game again. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:05

Ok, problem solved, topic locked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top