Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash to Desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash to Desktop Empty Crash to Desktop

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 03:30

Hello all. I have been playing the Sims 3 for more than a year now. I have always used G4TW fixes, it works perfect for everything. I had the base game and all expansions except for Sweet Treats, Master Suite, and Diesel stuff. The last expansion I installed and fixed was Supernatural several months ago. It has been working fine but I decided to try Seasons and I ran into some trouble. I followed the directions to a T, updated/patched my game, applied all the cracks in the right folders, and applied the master fix.

Now for some reason when I try to load saved files it gives me an error message and crashes. Yet what's confusing is I am able to create a new game and play just fine, but when I boot the game and try to load even the new save files it just crashes out to the desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, been fighting it about a week with no luck. scratch

Noob

Back to top Go down

Crash to Desktop Empty Re: Crash to Desktop

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 05:04

Do you have mods/cc?

If you do, backup/rename your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder, which will generate a new one for you. Your game will be blank when you reenter, but try moving one of your saved families that crashes the game into the "Saves" section within your new folder, and see if it works okay in-game. If it does, then you probably have some mod/cc that is causing you trouble.

You can try re-adding the mods back one by one to see which one it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 06:52

I feel so silly. I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner to check my mods. I decided to take a simpler route and just remove the entire mods folder from my documents. When I did it loaded the entire game just fine (good to know I cracked the game correctly after all). I'm in the process of weeding out the problem mods so thanks for the suggestion Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:50

Hello,

Please let us know the final result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 18:17

Well, it turns out that it was Twallan's Master Controller causing the crashes... which is rather disheartening because I used that one like crazy. I'm currently looking for an updated version of that mod which hopefully will play nicely with Seasons.

At any rate my game is back to working flawlessly Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 20 Dec 2012, 21:03

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
The newest version that Twallan has come out with is right there. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top