Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED] Empty Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:19

THIS GUIDE IS OUT-DATED!

Installing “The Sims 3” FavorLock Edition

This guide will walk you through the installation process of “The Sims 3”, expansions, and stuff packs.

The Sims 3 and The Sims 3; Generations

It is required that you download “The Sims 3; Generations” from www.games4theworld.org in order to successfully install a working version of the game. The reason Generations is required is due to the fact that EA has added a new file called TS3W.exe that works in conjunction with TSLHost.dll and will verify whether you have a legit disc inserted into your disc drive. When cracked, a snippet of coding is removed. This snippet of coding is the reason you are required to use a DVD in order to play the game, but, when it is removed the game will no longer attempt to detect whether you are using a disc or not.

Before “The Sims 3; Generations” was released, new cracks had to be applied to every release. For example, you had to apply a crack to the base game as well as the expansions and stuff packs. But with the release of “The Sims 3; Generations” you can install the entire “The Sims 3” series and only need to apply a single crack that consist of two files; TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll.

**READ** Do Not Apply Any Crack Other Than The One Provided With “The Sims 3; Generations” **READ**

Retail Disc Usage

I have recently confirmed that two retail disc can be used in the process of installing all of "The Sims 3" releases. As unfortunate as it is to say, I will not be able to confirm whether any other expansion/stuff pack retail disc are compatible. The two retail disc compatible with my installation process are:

• The Sims 3
  • The Sims 3; World Adventures
Installation

Installation is rather simple when you do it the FavorLock way. You simply need to install the games you want in the order they were released and update each before proceeding to install the next. For those of you who do not know the order the games were released in:

1. The Sims 3
  2. The Sims 3; World Adventures
  3. The Sims 3; High-End Loft Stuff
  4. The Sims 3; Ambitions
  5. The Sims 3; Fast Lane Stuff
  6. The Sims 3; Night Life
  7. The Sims 3; Outdoor Living Stuff
  8. The Sims 3; Generations

Next I’m going to give you an example of an installation. As a matter of fact, I’ll explain the process of installing every game that I listed. I have tested this method personally and can confirm that this is the easiest and most reliable method of installing “The Sims 3” and its additional content releases.

* Install “The Sims 3”
> Update “The Sims 3” to version 1.22.9
* Install “The Sims 3; World Adventures”
> Update “The Sims 3; World Adventures” to version 2.17.2
* Install “The Sims 3; High-End Loft Stuff”
> Update “The Sims 3; High-End Loft Stuff” to version 3.13.1
* Install “The Sims 3; Ambitions”
> Update “The Sims 3; Ambitions” to version 4.10.1
* Install “The Sims 3; Fast Lane Stuff”
> Update “The Sims 3; Fast Lane Stuff” to version 5.8.1
* Install “The Sims 3; Late Night”
> Update “The Sims 3; Late Night” to version 6.5.1
* Install “The Sims 3; Outdoor Living Stuff”
> Update “The Sims 3; Outdoor Living Stuff” to version 7.3.2
* Install “The Sims 3; Generations”
> **Notice** There Is Currently No Update For “The Sims 3; Generations”
* Copy TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
> **Notice** These Two Files Can Be Found In The Folder Called “Crack”

**READ** Do Not Place The Crack Files Into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Generations\Game\Bin **READ**

As you can see, my method of installation is rather straight forward and simple to follow. The most common reason for installation failure I notice is the fact that people do not place the crack into the correct folder. As you can see above, there are some notes in red. They stand out quite well do they not? That’s because they are important. I know many people do not like to read tedious guides like mine, so they often skip through much of the guide looking for information that applies to them. If you are one of those people then you would not be reading this.

Coming Soon

Coming soon to stores everywhere; “The Sims 3; Pets”. I will update this guide once the next game has been released and cracked. In the meantime I will be adding more to this guide, such as an FAQ and a Classic Installation section which will guide you through the process of installing the expansions and stuff packs released before the era of “The Sims 3; Generations”.

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC, BUT OPEN A NEW TOPIC FOR IT IN THE CORRECT SECTION! ALL COMMENTS POSTED ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS HERE WILL BE DELETED!

Last edited by Favorlock on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 09:45; edited 13 times in total

Back to top Go down

Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:24

Nice guide, although I think Admin's way takes a lot less time, because you don't need to patch after every installation of a new expansion.

Either way, both are very secure and guarantee no problems as long as you do everything correctly.

Thanks for the post.

Back to top Go down

Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Installing "The Sims 3" FavorLock Edition. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:26

Yes, Admin's way is shorter but my way seems the safest way to ensure the game installs correctly to me. Besides, if I wrote things the way Admin does then it wouldn't be the FavorLock Edition Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 03:31

For some reason I can't thank your post haha, it's a very great guide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:56

Hello,

Well, I'm usually not in favor for extra guides, because it makes people confused on which one is the correct method. Though, both methods work fine and it's actually the same way, but then with some extra steps. The thing we're trying here, is to keep it as less-confusing and as noob-friendly for everyone.
Do you mind if I place the "Do not post problems in this topic" -warning in your post, so people won't post here? (It'll get one big discussion of problems)

Besides that, I appreciate your help and contribution. Wink

IDunc wrote:For some reason I can't thank your post haha, it's a very great guide.
Only the topic starter can "Thank" one post posted in their topic.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:00

Of course, if people need to ask questions they can either post a new topic or contact me as mentioned in my guide. The reason I created this Admin is because your guide is to vague and many people are having a difficult time understanding it. I decided I would provide a very detailed guide which is still simple as long as you read it. One person has already verified that my guide worked wonders for them.

//EDIT

*Updated*

Whats New?
- Retail Disc Usage

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:57

DO NOT POST ANY PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC, BUT OPEN A NEW TOPIC FOR IT IN OUR "Downloads" -SECTION! ALL COMMENTS POSTED ABOUT PROBLEMS HERE, WILL BE DELETED!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top