Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes 5 mins after starting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes 5 mins after starting Empty Game crashes 5 mins after starting

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 00:35

So I installed the new ultimate fix a few hours ago and my game starts smoothly, then after around 5 minutes it crashes ("The sims 3 has stopped working blah blah").
I added the sims 3 .exe files to the DEP, I made sure my graphic card is running the latest drivers and all that stuff.
So then I took out The Sims 3 folder from my documents to start a fresh game and yup, it ran perfectly. Then I imagined something must be wrong with my Mods folder, so I tried copying it and moving it in that fresh game's files. Still ran perfectly smooth. Now I have no idea what could be causing this problem, what should I do?Help

Back to top Go down

Game crashes 5 mins after starting Empty Re: Game crashes 5 mins after starting

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2013, 02:38

aegyo wrote:So I installed the new ultimate fix a few hours ago and my game starts smoothly, then after around 5 minutes it crashes ("The sims 3 has stopped working blah blah").
I added the sims 3 .exe files to the DEP, I made sure my graphic card is running the latest drivers and all that stuff.
So then I took out The Sims 3 folder from my documents to start a fresh game and yup, it ran perfectly. Then I imagined something must be wrong with my Mods folder, so I tried copying it and moving it in that fresh game's files. Still ran perfectly smooth. Now I have no idea what could be causing this problem, what should I do?Help

So you put the "Mods" folder back into your new "The Sims 3"-folder; and did I understand correctly: everything is working again ?

If yes, then one reason why this could have happened is the cache files (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3):

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

These things should be deleted regularly, but especially after (un-)installing expansion & stuff packs, mods & custom content or when patching the base game. In some cases it's even necessary to do that after updating your graphics drivers.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 07:01

Carlos G. wrote:
So you put the "Mods" folder back into your new "The Sims 3"-folder; and did I understand correctly: everything is working again ?

If yes, then one reason why this could have happened is the cache files (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3):

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

These things should be deleted regularly, but especially after (un-)installing expansion & stuff packs, mods & custom content or when patching the base game. In some cases it's even necessary to do that after updating your graphics drivers.
Umm...
I put the "Mods" folder into that new folder, yes, but I still played that new game, didn't start my old saves and stuff WITHOUT my CC (because I don't wanna mess up my CC there hehe...)
And I delete my cache files almost every time before starting the game, so this isn't the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 07:28

Have you updated the mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 07:42

Fields wrote:Have you updated the mods?
I already said that I tried putting the mods folder in another game and it worked perfectly fine, so it's not the mods which cause the crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2013, 07:44

aegyo wrote:Umm...
I put the "Mods" folder into that new folder, yes, but I still played that new game, didn't start my old saves and stuff WITHOUT my CC (because I don't wanna mess up my CC there hehe...)
And I delete my cache files almost every time before starting the game, so this isn't the problem.

Then put back in the folder "Saves" into your new "The Sims 3"-folder, to see if you can get it working. If not, then you go inside the folder Saves, then you back-up the sub-folder (Name of your savefile).sims3, then delete it. You then rename the folder (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup into ------------------------->(Name of your savefile).sims3 (=so you only remove the ".backup" ending in the folder's name).

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 09:16; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 09:13

Carlos G. wrote:
Then put back in the folder "Saves" into your new "The Sims 3"-folder, to see if you can get it working. If not, then you go inside the folder Saves, then you back-up the sub-folder (Name of your savefile).sims3, then delete it. You then rename the folder (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup into ------------------------->(Name of your savefile).sims3 (=so you only remove the backup ending in the folder's name).
Okay, I did that and it still worked. I also added the other folders one by one so I can see which one caused the crash... Looks like it was the 'Downloads' one OTL
I guess I'll just clear the content of that folder and just play my game. Thanks a lot for your help ^-^

Edit: It started crashing again, ughh. I downloaded the crash log analyzer from MTS and it says it's because of my Graphics Card, but it works perfectly fine with games which have bigger system requirements... It's just TS3 with this problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top