Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After I updated to 1.55, my game started saying "The Sims 3 is not working..."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After I updated to 1.55, my game started saying "The Sims 3 is not working..." Empty After I updated to 1.55, my game started saying "The Sims 3 is not working..."

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 03:58

Recently I uninstalled all of my Sims 3 games because of complications with some custom content. Because I have all games up until Pets on Origin, I directly downloaded and installed them there, prompting me to update - so I did. Then I downloaded all games after Pets from this website and then downloaded the fix and followed the instructions carefully, applying the crack to the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin because I was told previously that was where I had to apply the crack because I installed via Origin and there is no "Game" file in the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents. I first noticed by trying to install some new custom content and mods - I think all mods are updated to 1.55. The custom content downloader opened and started to load until the warning came up saying it wasn't working. I deleted the content and not the mods because they are all Nrass mods (Traveler, Master Controller, Hybrid and Woohoo) and are newly updated to 1.55, and then tried to start the game via launcher and then on the loading screen it closed and said the same message. I have looked around and tried one thing, which was to delete the cache files and files in Thumbnails, etc, but it didn't work and I am unsure what to do. Please reply - I am in the UK and about to sleep so I hope there is an answer by morning, but I am willing to wait.

Back to top Go down

After I updated to 1.55, my game started saying "The Sims 3 is not working..." Empty Re: After I updated to 1.55, my game started saying "The Sims 3 is not working..."

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 04:50

Okidoki so you have your game fully installed and had it working so it cant be a big issue.

What I would do is remove the mods folder and run the game as normal and see what happens, IF all goes well then it is obviously one of your mods causing the issue. Which one is a process of elimination. I would suggest to double check you upated the mods assuming it works with them all gone and then double check for any other mods you might have installed but long forgotten about, It could be one of those lost forgotten mods you have installed.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top