Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55 Empty Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:37

On the Sims 3 launcher, I have it checked to automatically update. I allowed it to go ahead and update, but this was before I saw the post about not updating to 1.55 yet. The installation went fairly well but the problem started when I tried to play it. When I hit the play button on the launcher, it starts loading but the screen stays black. It stays like this for almost five minutes and closes without any warning.

I have already downloaded the Ultimate Fix and followed all of the instructions with it. I even reinstalled the patch in the hopes that it would fix my error. However, I tried to play my game and it crashed just as it had before. I restarted my computer thinking that it might have been part of the problem, yet that didn't seem to work either. 

Is there anything else that I can do to fix my game without reinstalling everything?
Help

Back to top Go down

Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55 Empty Re: Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 23:22

Are you sure you applied the latest Ultimate Fix? The one for 1.55?

Back to top Go down

Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55 Empty Re: Problems playing the Sims after update 1.55

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 23:36

Yes, I'm sure that it was the one for 1.55. I tried it again and my game began to work, but that changed when I got to Create-A-Sim. That was when it crashed again. I honestly have no idea what to do right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2013, 23:40

Did you check your game version?
And did you add your game to the DEP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:03

My version of the game is 1.55.4. I have added my game to the DEP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top