Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Disc Found...Need help asap!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Disc Found...Need help asap! Empty No Disc Found...Need help asap!

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 03:20

Ok,  I've been trying to figure out whats wrong ALL DAY. Looking through other peoples problems & solutions but nothing seems to be working for me. So sigh, as you can tell I'm not that savvy with this type of thing. But here's whats going on and I need major help.... I bought both the Base game and Ambitions a while ago so they were already installed. From this site I downloaded generations, pets, seasons, and university life. I followed the instructions to precise. I downloaded, then extracted each into a separate folder on my desktop (did NOT use the crack) and then installed. After everything was installed I then used the manual patch, and then I used the ultimate fix. I watched the ultimate fix video through every step....

***side note - as I was trying to install the fix & watch the video I realized that in the video there is a "generations" folder but on the copy I downloaded instead there is a "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder.... so in the video where your supposed to copy the stuff from the generations and put it in the base I used stuff from the other folder instead

So, After I finished the ultimate fix I then tried to start it (extremely exciting!) but to my annoyance it says "Disc Authentication Failure" .... "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 University Life game disc before proceeding"

And yes! I did put the crack into the base game

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!

Back to top Go down

No Disc Found...Need help asap! Empty Re: No Disc Found...Need help asap!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Jun 2013, 03:56

brittany3011 wrote:Ok,  I've been trying to figure out whats wrong ALL DAY. Looking through other peoples problems & solutions but nothing seems to be working for me. So sigh, as you can tell I'm not that savvy with this type of thing. But here's whats going on and I need major help.... I bought both the Base game and Ambitions a while ago so they were already installed. From this site I downloaded generations, pets, seasons, and university life. I followed the instructions to precise. I downloaded, then extracted each into a separate folder on my desktop (did NOT use the crack) and then installed. After everything was installed I then used the manual patch, and then I used the ultimate fix. I watched the ultimate fix video through every step....

***side note - as I was trying to install the fix & watch the video I realized that in the video there is a "generations" folder but on the copy I downloaded instead there is a "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder.... so in the video where your supposed to copy the stuff from the generations and put it in the base I used stuff from the other folder instead

So, After I finished the ultimate fix I then tried to start it (extremely exciting!) but to my annoyance it says "Disc Authentication Failure" .... "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 University Life game disc before proceeding"

And yes! I did put the crack into the base game

Someone PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello,

If you only used the big manual "super-patch" for updating your game, then the only thing you need from the fix is the #crack sub-folder.

But try this here:

1) Re-apply that manual patch
2) Then re-apply the "Ultimate fix", but again, only the two files from the #crack. These two files go into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (= the base game folder).

You may also try adding the filepath of the base game to the "exceptions" of your anti-virus software, in case there are any potential problems.

Do you know how to post screenshots ?

To make a screenshot, press Prt Scr which is ( USUALLY ) next to F12 , on top of Insert , and next to Scroll Lock. Then you open, for example, a program like "Microsoft Paint" and select the option "Paste". Now you should see your screenshot - then you save your picture.

To upload a picture here, click on "Host image", then select your screenshot. After that you should get the URL (the "internet link") for that picture. Now you go to "Insert image" (the symbol on the right next to "Host image") and paste the URL.

Now I would like to see the following screenshots (in "Host an image", please select "Resolution 1024x").

Please go to the base game location and make a screenshot there (= of where you are putting the two crack files from the fix).

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top