Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures Empty Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 09:04

Hello! I've recently downloaded the Sims 3 Base game from the G4TW.org link. I used StuffitExpander to open the file. Then I created a new dmg with disk utility and put the file into it. From there I installed the Base game with no issues. I opened the launcher and went to game updates, it said no updates/patches available. The version number is 1.0.615.00107

I figured I could just continue installing the EPs I wanted. The first one (from the order they were released) is World Adventures, also downloaded from G4TW. I once again created a new dmg for it, put the files into it (after using stuffit) and opened the installer. After initiating the install I get the following error message: "The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 World Adventures." It then exits the installer. 

Not at all sure what to do from here? Any help would be appreciated, since I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to stuff like this. I have read the Sims 3 Mac Installation guide where it links to the pirate bay download of the base game. Is that a different file than the one listed in the games download of G4tW?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures

Post by Guest Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:18

Sorry, I can't help you...
I'm a Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures 1490881299 when it comes to Mac...
And sorry for the delay.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures Empty Re: Sims 3 Base Game not updatable and is not compatible with World Adventures

Post by Phoebe Mon 05 Aug 2013, 22:35

Hello,

This problem usually is about the Base Game. I am suggesting you to use this version. Delete the old one first.
 It's a cracked version, only thing you need to do is, after the download is finished drag the Sims 3 app. to your Applications folder.

After that, just opne the Sims 3 launcher, ignore  the pop-up prompts to update. In the launcher, click on Game Updates and update from there instead. If you cn't update your game from here, just use the Manual Update for Macs, it's avaible in this forum.

After that, install the expansion packs you want without applying any cracks. After installing, make sure you have the latest Ultimate Fix downloaded. Unzip the file. And apply the cracks.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 09:31

The link posted no longer works. Is there an alternative please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:18

Hi!

I just tried the link again. I clicked on "Get This Torrent" and my download started. Do you mind trying again?

Cheers Smile
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:20

Monroe73 wrote:The link posted no longer works. Is there an alternative please?
You can try with this version (it's the one I use and it never has given me any problems): Censored 

Good luck!

Helper Edit: No outside links here.

By the way, you can check out the Mac guide: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf. There is a link in the description for downloading the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top