Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets. Empty The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets.

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 18:14

I keep getting the above error when trying to install the Sims 3 pets. It happened with Katy Perry'a Sweet Treats too but I just deleted that one because I don't really care about it. But Pets I want, and I'd like to be able to play it. I've been able to install Late Night, Generations, and Ambitions. What gives?

Oh I'm following the Mac guide: /The_Sims_3_MAC_Guide.pdf; and the Easy to Install guide: /t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide
The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets. 1577371209

//EDIT

Now I've gotten the error on Showtime, Supernatural, and World Adventures as well. It'd be great if you all could help :]

//EDIT

Okay so World Adventures was actually a regional code problem which I
fixed. I just have no idea how to go about solving the non-updatable
error if its only on SOME of the expansions.

Admin edit: Do not double-post, please, but "Edit" your message instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets. Empty Re: The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets.

Post by Admin Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:02

Hello,

I've recently fixed this error for someone via TeamViewer. The problem seemed to be the base game.
Where exactly did you get your base game from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets. Empty Re: The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets.

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:11

The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Pets. 4049071320
IN the Mac easy method of installing guide they cite a torrent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:13

Hey! I had the same problem while following the same guide.
Did you download your base game from this link?
Censored

If you did, you could try this (how I solved my problem with Admin's help):
- After dragging the .app into your folder, open the sims 3 launcher.
- Ignore the pop-up prompts to update.
- In the launcher, click on Game Updates and update from there instead.
- After that, install the expansion packs you want without applying any cracks.
- After installing, make sure you have the latest Ultimate Fix downloaded. Unzip the file.
- Go to the "# Crack" folder and copy both files into you Game>Bin folder.

Try it now and it should work! It is probably better if you start a clean install.

I hope it helps!
Dieneryn
Dieneryn
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top