Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION Empty Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 09:18

I changed the SKU from 1 to 2 when installing a different expansion (IDR which one.)
I am now trying to install the Outdoor Living Stuff expansion and in the guide it tells me to change the SKU again. Do I need to do this still?

Note: I am following the admin guide and installed the base game, installed generations, and now all expansions. I am installing Outdoor Living Stuff and it will be the last installation I do before I do the Fix.

Any answer is appreciated, thanks. Smile

Back to top Go down

Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION Empty Re: Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 09:34

Hi there. You do not need to edit the sku as far as I know. I installed the entire game no problem, just ran each installer and updated each game then applied the crack. There is a link to the guide I wrote yesterday that explains how I installed. But its basically the same process as Admin's directions, just a little more thorough, and much more detailed.

Back to top Go down

Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION Empty Re: Installing Outdoor Living Stuff: SKU QUESTION

Post by Admin Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:51

flouri wrote:I changed the SKU from 1 to 2 when installing a different expansion (IDR which one.)
I am now trying to install the Outdoor Living Stuff expansion and in the guide it tells me to change the SKU again. Do I need to do this still?

Note: I am following the admin guide and installed the base game, installed generations, and now all expansions. I am installing Outdoor Living Stuff and it will be the last installation I do before I do the Fix.

Any answer is appreciated, thanks. Smile
Hello,

Please note that you've also installed Generations, like the guide says.
And yes, you need to change the SKU, just for the installation wizard. It doesn't affect your gameplay in any way, don't worry.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 22:15

Wierd, I never changed the SKU during my entire installation process Admin and it all installed correctly for me. Hm, weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:03

Favorlock wrote:Wierd, I never changed the SKU during my entire installation process Admin and it all installed correctly for me. Hm, weird.
Then perhaps you were lucky.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:51

More than lucky, I just did a clean install of windows 7 oem without all the junk that hp adds to it. I installed The Sims 3 the same way, this time with my retail disc and it still worked. Perhaps the SKU edit is because of the fact you choose to install the games out of the order they were released, just a theory however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:55

Favorlock wrote:More than lucky, I just did a clean install of windows 7 oem without all the junk that hp adds to it. I installed The Sims 3 the same way, this time with my retail disc and it still worked. Perhaps the SKU edit is because of the fact you choose to install the games out of the order they were released, just a theory however.
Hello,

No, that's not it. Maybe you already live in the correct region, lol. Just a theory.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:56

Isn't the region basically what determines the language?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:57

Favorlock wrote:Isn't the region basically what determines the language?
Hello,

No, the language just follows your PC's default language.
And it was a joke, the region (SKU) code should be "7" for everyone, by default.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:58

Well meh, sorry for my lack of sarcasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 13:00

Favorlock wrote:Well meh, sorry for my lack of sarcasm.
You're welcome.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top