Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff! Empty Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff!

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 14:57

Hey to all the experts out there,

I have a few questions about installing The Sims 3... 

When it comes to installing World Adventure, the installation guide straight away said
I have to use files in the '# Crack' file but it clearly stated in the 
guide online that I should not apply any cracks yet. So I am confused as to whether
I should apply this crack or not... This World Adventure Expansion requires
me to use three crack folders and heaps of patches before actually using the setup.exe...

So basically what I want to know for this expansion is whether I should follow everything 
written in the World Adventure install guide or should I follow the guide online (the link for the 
online guide is as follows https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly)

As for the Outdoor Living Stuff, it asked me to use a file in the patch folder first but when I tried running the
patch it told me that my game is already a newer version compared to the Outdoor Living Stuff pack so I would have to downgrade
my game to an older version to install the stuff... But I'm not sure how that would affect the rest of my game so I didn't dare doing that...

Could you please tell me how I should proceed if I want to install these two programs I stated above?

One last question I have is that if I installed all the main expansions I like for now but later on 
I realised I would like to install another expansion which is not the newest one but an older one, would 
I still be able to install it? Say for example, I installed the Ambitions expansion but then I watned to install an expansion
that came out before that...?  

Thanks so much! Smile

Back to top Go down

Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff! Empty Re: Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff!

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:11

Hello,

Just follow the online guide. It is the most up to date and that's what you need Smile
Same goes for Outdoor Living Stuff, if you patch with 1.67, you are fine. It is the newest and will patch all that needs to be patch Smile

As far as I know, yes, you can install later but I wouldn't recommend that. It would ask you to re-patch after each new install and to crack again. The Sims is a nice game but a tricky one Wink

Back to top Go down

Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff! Empty Re: Problems When Installing World Adventure Expansion and Outdoor Living Stuff!

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:17

Hey there, thanks for replying so quickly.. unfortunately I'm a newbie at this so I can't proceed with installing unless I can get full and detailed instructions lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:22

No problem Smile

Just read carefully the whole online guide ( here : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly )
There is a youtube video to help you out with the installation of the base game, all the following EP and SP follows the same instructions.

It is only 5 steps, you'll be fine !

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:26

Oh yea, I have already installed some of the expansion packs but was just unsure of the two I asked above and how to repatch or recrack if I did install older expansion packs! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:32

That's what I told you in my first reply Smile

Follow the online guide no matter what Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:35

Oh I see, so basically you are saying even if I did want to install an older expansion pack I just repeat the online guide? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 15:36

Yes Smile
It is always the same method !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top