Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 02:17

First off, I would like to thank the administration for helping with whatever happened to my account activation process.

Now to the problem with Sims 3: so, I downloaded the Complete Collection with the intention of installing all of the EPs and SPs. I carefully read the Installation Guide, installed the base game, used the manual patcher, all as I was instructed to do in the guide, and then proceeded to install the EPs and SPs. While I know it's not necessary,  I decided to install them in release order. All was well until I got to the Outdoor Living Stuff Pack, when I received the following error after opening the installer: "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". I tried to install other SPs and EPs, and received the same error from all of them. Then, I decided to manually unninstall the game, following EA's instructions. After that, I reinstalled, but received the same error from the same Pack.
   This seems to be the exact same problem from this topic, where Hexorcist said it was a registry problem. Sadly, there are no instructions there on how to solve it.

Can anybody help me solve this? I've been really itching to play Sims 3 after being disapointed by Sims 4's lack of Story Progression and Open World some weeks ago.
   Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:16

Griff the Griffin wrote:First off, I would like to thank the administration for helping with whatever happened to my account activation process.

Now to the problem with Sims 3: so, I downloaded the Complete Collection with the intention of installing all of the EPs and SPs. I carefully read the Installation Guide, installed the base game, used the manual patcher, all as I was instructed to do in the guide, and then proceeded to install the EPs and SPs. While I know it's not necessary,  I decided to install them in release order. All was well until I got to the Outdoor Living Stuff Pack, when I received the following error after opening the installer: "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed". I tried to install other SPs and EPs, and received the same error from all of them. Then, I decided to manually unninstall the game, following EA's instructions. After that, I reinstalled, but received the same error from the same Pack.
   This seems to be the exact same problem from this topic, where Hexorcist said it was a registry problem. Sadly, there are no instructions there on how to solve it.

Can anybody help me solve this? I've been really itching to play Sims 3 after being disapointed by Sims 4's lack of Story Progression and Open World some weeks ago.
   Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Did you use the program WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .RAR download ? If you used any other program, it could lead to data corruption, during the install. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "The Sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" when installing Outdoor Living Stuff. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:52

Yes, I always use WinRar. Extacted everything normally, didn't receive any error message.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Dec 2015, 15:21

Griff the Griffin wrote:Yes, I always use WinRar. Extacted everything normally, didn't receive any error message.

You could try running the manual patch (again), and then follow up by installing "Outdoor Retreat". Other than that, I would skip this pack for the moment, to see if you get the same error with any of the other packs.

Also, playtest the game to see if you notice any in-game problems or the like.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Dec 2015, 18:15

I get the same problem with all packs that were released after Outdoor Living, but I'm going to try to apply the manual patch again.

EDIT: Reapplied the patch but I'm still receiving the same error. Also tried to launch the game after cracking it, and the launcher gave me this message: "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for details".

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Dec 2015, 21:56

Griff the Griffin wrote:I get the same problem with all packs that were released after Outdoor Living, but I'm going to try to apply the manual patch again.

EDIT: Reapplied the patch but I'm still receiving the same error. Also tried to launch the game after cracking it, and the launcher gave me this message: "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for details".

There was/is a trick that you could give a try, if you still have the torrent of the Complete Collection active in your torrent client. If that is the case, right-click on the torrent and select "Stop". After that, right-click again on it and choose "Force re-check". This process can take a while to complete, but if it does finish, please re-extract the whole .RAR file (delete any content you already have extracted before).

Then try re-installing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 12:11

I DID IT!

I ended up installing the game in another computer, and there it worked fine, so I just copied all the files back to my PC. Got that error with the launcer.
I discovered that quite  a few people had had that error and that it happened because of leftover keys in the Registry. Thing is, when I looked, I had missing keys in the registry, because I hadn't installed all the expansios here. Fortunately, it was as simple as just exporting the keys from that other PC to mine and checking if the paths to the game directory and .exe where the same. After I confirmed that, I opened up the launcher and almost screamed with joy when it opened with no errors.
I still have no clue what the original problem was, though.

Anyway, thank you for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Dec 2015, 00:54

Griff the Griffin wrote:I DID IT!

I ended up installing the game in another computer, and there it worked fine, so I just copied all the files back to my PC. Got that error with the launcer.
I discovered that quite  a few people had had that error and that it happened because of leftover keys in the Registry. Thing is, when I looked, I had missing keys in the registry, because I hadn't installed all the expansios here. Fortunately, it was as simple as just exporting the keys from that other PC to mine and checking if the paths to the game directory and .exe where the same. After I confirmed that, I opened up the launcher and almost screamed with joy when it opened with no errors.
I still have no clue what the original problem was, though.

Anyway, thank you for your help!

Nice to hear. Smile  But one thing to note for the future: don't uninstall anything under Windows OS, unless you know how to do it properly. The reason you got that error was most likely indeed because something was broken on your first PC, either in the files or the registry.

Feel free to get back in touch with us again, at any point. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top