Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED] Empty cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:14

Hey first of all thanks for getting island paradise so quickly but alas as always ive got an issue lol. i first loaded up my uni life family instead of starting a new one, like usually do, and it pops up as u may no about being able to move towns so i thought perfect take my old family to the new town to play so i clicked yes only nothing happened it canceled it out, then i went to phone and option was greyed out said my family was not allowed to travel at this time Sad i then remembered last time id played i have them try for a baby so she was obv pregnant so played till baby came hoping they would then move after but they didnt and i still couldnt send them assuming a glitch i didnt bother saving instead just went bk to main menu and started a new family in the new town, played for five hours, came to save last night and i still cant save, same error, cannot save or edit town while traveling is in progress Sad not sure if its cause i didnt hut came down from previous glitch or what but as im on laptop  didnt want to leave it on all night so had to quit game without saving, i dont use mods but do have cc though not alot as there was an issue with uni life and i had tto remove all mod folder to get tat to work. please any suggestions as i cant play without saving Sad 

Back to top Go down

cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED] Empty Re: cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2013, 15:44

heva2k wrote:Hey first of all thanks for getting island paradise so quickly but alas as always ive got an issue lol. i first loaded up my uni life family instead of starting a new one, like usually do, and it pops up as u may no about being able to move towns so i thought perfect take my old family to the new town to play so i clicked yes only nothing happened it canceled it out, then i went to phone and option was greyed out said my family was not allowed to travel at this time Sad i then remembered last time id played i have them try for a baby so she was obv pregnant so played till baby came hoping they would then move after but they didnt and i still couldnt send them assuming a glitch i didnt bother saving instead just went bk to main menu and started a new family in the new town, played for five hours, came to save last night and i still cant save, same error, cannot save or edit town while traveling is in progress Sad not sure if its cause i didnt hut came down from previous glitch or what but as im on laptop  didnt want to leave it on all night so had to quit game without saving, i dont use mods but do have cc though not alot as there was an issue with uni life and i had tto remove all mod folder to get tat to work. please any suggestions as i cant play without saving Sad 

Hello,

Please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3" - this will basically "disable" all your mods, custom content and any corrupt savefiles.

Start the game and see if anything changed.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED] Empty Re: cant save, game thinks sims are travelling. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 23:06

hi its fixed, not sure wather closing down and reatsarting helped or what u said as i did what u said tried it worked fine, renamed it bk to mods went bk t came and it still worked, so dont think it was a mod problem but either way its fixed Smile

Helper edit: Happy to hear it Smile Therefore, topic is closed.

-Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top