Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED] Empty Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 16:03

Hi,

I installed Seasons on the 14th and was able to successfully save for a few days with no problems. Prior to installing Seasons, I manually patched the game to the .42 update and applied the Ultimate Fix, and also updated all my twallan Nraas mods. Now for some reason the game keeps crashing EVERY single time I try to save. It doesn't crash any other time unless my computer overheats. When I run my Crash Log Analyzer (downloaded from MTS), it says that the game is crashing because there is an update available. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? I'm sure you can imagine how unbelievably frustrating it is to not be able to save.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 21:08

Hello,

Try backing up and removing this folder completely, please: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Nov 2012, 09:33

Hello,

Did you try "save as"?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:08

Hello,

Yes, I tried "Save as" but it still did not work. I did as Admin suggested and deleted the Sims 3 folder, and it successfully saved, but when I put my stuff back in, it didn't save. I then did 3 things:

I removed a suspicious twallan mod. While it was up-to-date, ever since I visited the Summer Fest, it was going nuts (Overwatch, in case anyone else is having this issue). (I had reason to believe that having a successful save without the mods folder in the game meant the problem was with a mod.)

I removed all saves except for the current game. (Perhaps another save became corrupted and was interfering with the save.)

I saved my house w/ household to the library and started a new game in a different town, then transplanted my house w/ household into that new town. (Perhaps the current save was corrupted and was interfering with the save.)

Save is now successful. I am not sure which of those things did it, but since it takes so long to load games for me, I did not want to sit through it 5 more times before I found the correct solution.

However, with Overwatch gone, my game has decided to take revenge on me by freezing. My character's wings still move, the baby still sparkles due to it being a full moon, and the Sim diamond still turns (and the wind is still blowing) but it will not move otherwise. I will attempt to do a fresh download and install of the Overwatch mod to see if twallan has perhaps tweaked it at all and to see if it solves the problem, but other than that, I have solved the save issue.

Thank you both for your assistance in diagnosing the problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:24

I got the same problem! All my mods are up to date, but when I'm trying to save it just crashes. It happens everytime a try build something and save after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 19 Nov 2012, 17:30

Hello,

Glad to hear it works for you now!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you run into more problems! Game crashes when trying to save. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top