Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED] Empty Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 14:33

Hi,

I had a mountain of trouble trying to update to update to 1.67. I applied the ultimate fix 3 or 4 times plus the 1.67 manual patch (and also tried updating through the Sims Launcher). Nothing was working, it always resulted in the Sims crashing after notifying me that I was playing an unofficial version of the game. After finding a fix for this on Games4theworld (thank you!), I resolved it by deleting the couple of mods I had plus another .package file. However, after a couple of hours of playing as seamlessly as I'm used to (not 100% but it's working and that's enough for me), I saved. And then everything went downhill Sad I'm now experiencing the disappearance of my sims. I can make them appear and disappear at will by asking them to do something (so, for example, if I direct them somewhere, they appear but they do not complete the task, it disappears from the queue and they just stand there. If I click it again, they disappear and so does the task in the queue and so on...). 

I have no mods, as I deleted them all to get the game up and running following the 1.67 update. I've made no program changes, bar the game save, since applying the ultimate fix. 

Also, second question (but slightly less important at this stage, since if my sims are invisible and I can't interact with them, there's little point installing another expansion lol). I have downloaded Island Paradise. When I install this expansion, do I need to re-apply the ultimate fix and the manual patch from scratch? Or could I, for example, just drop and drag the two files from the generations-onwards folder into the Sims 3 Base/Game/Bin folder? 

Can anyone help me? Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 14:37

Hello,
To answer your first question, try and delete scriptCache.package from Documents\electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
For the second question, you will simply need to copy the files from the #Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to the base game install folder (if the latest version is still 1.67, otherwise you will need to update first, then download the new Ultimate Fix).

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Disappearing Sims following first game save after 1.67 update. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 11:04

Thank you very much, that did the job. I didn't realise the scriptCache.package was re-created each game Smile And great, thank you, I'm going to attempt to install them now. Fingers crossed it all works Smile Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 12:35

Sure.
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 21:40

I've installed the expansions and it's working great, thank you very much! And yes, but it's a download support question, so I've posted it in the other forum Smile Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jan 2014, 22:26

Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top