Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.  Empty Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 04:38

So, i've installed store updates from Games4theworld website. I installed them and they show up installed when I look in the game launcher. However when I play the game the custom content ask for me to use Sim points to buy it.  I'm not sure what to do, I'm updated to the latest version and I just applied the ultimate fix.  Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.  Empty Re: Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 05:06

animator606432 wrote:So, i've installed store updates from Games4theworld website. I installed them and they show up installed when I look in the game launcher. However when I play the game the custom content ask for me to use Sim points to buy it.  I'm not sure what to do, I'm updated to the latest version and I just applied the ultimate fix.  Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

What do you mean "the CC ask you to buy it with the simpoints"? Do you mean those store content is shown in-game store? Don't worry, scroll down a bit in the category and you will see the store items you installed (you may have 2 pictures/icons showing the same item, because one requires simpoints and the other one is the one you installed).
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.  Empty Re: Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 07:45

cat2006house wrote:
animator606432 wrote:So, i've installed store updates from Games4theworld website. I installed them and they show up installed when I look in the game launcher. However when I play the game the custom content ask for me to use Sim points to buy it.  I'm not sure what to do, I'm updated to the latest version and I just applied the ultimate fix.  Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

What do you mean "the CC ask you to buy it with the simpoints"? Do you mean those store content is shown in-game store? Don't worry, scroll down a bit in the category and you will see the store items you installed (you may have 2 pictures/icons showing the same item, because one requires simpoints and the other one is the one you installed).
There is only one version of each the item shown and it's asking me to use sim points to purchase it. I mean,the items that I have gotten from games for the world and downloaded as CC into my game shows up but as items I have to purchase using simpoints.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Wed 11 Sep 2013, 12:25

J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:02

Didn't fix anything, still having the same issues. They show up in the game, as I said before, but not as custom content I can use. They show up as custom content telling me to buy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 12 Sep 2013, 05:31

Try going into your in-game options, and disabling the in-game store. That will get rid of the gold simpoint items, and should allow you to see if the other items are now showing up in-game. Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 06:38

invalidusername wrote:Try going into your in-game options, and disabling the in-game store. That will get rid of the gold simpoint items, and should allow you to see if the other items are now showing up in-game. Smile
Okay, I did that and the sim store is no longer showing up, but the custom content STILL isn't showing up. So instead of seeing the custom content I installed as items I use sim points to buy, I don't see any of the items at all. Look at screen shots below

//EDIT

Here are some photos, I hope these help

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.  Screenshot1

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.  Screenshot2

Sims 3 in store items not working in the The Sims 3 Island Paradise.  Screenshot3

//EDIT

Another tidbit of information, when I wasn't connected to the internet my In-store items would work

Last edited by animator606432 on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 07:44; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 14 Sep 2013, 00:57

Hello,

You didn't download or install any neighbourhoods right? That is why the store content you installed doesn't show up. They show up in-game (Buy Mode or Build Mode) instead of showing up in Main Menu...

Last edited by cat2006house on Sat 14 Sep 2013, 01:10; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 01:02

Probably should have added that all the neighborhoods showing up as instore items are ones that ive installed. So I do have neighborhoods installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 14 Sep 2013, 01:17

animator606432 wrote:Probably should have added that all the neighborhoods showing up as instore items are ones that ive installed. So I do have neighborhoods installed.
Hello,

There are not many options left. Uninstall all of the neighbourhoods and redownload them from www.games4theworlddownloads.org (that usually does the trick). After uninstallation, rename the folder C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and run the launcher. Afterwards, download all the necessary files you need and reinstall them.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top