Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will not load after installation of Island Paradise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will not load after installation of Island Paradise Empty Will not load after installation of Island Paradise

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 20:34

I've installed Island Paradise and everything in the installation process went smoothly, but for some reason the game takes a very long time to launch. The launcher appears after around 3-5 minutes of actually clicking the shortcut. After the game itself launches the screen turns black and the cursor is the busy/pending cursor. The game has successfully loaded before but only once or twice. The rest of the time the screen just remains black with the cursor on it.

I've gotten impatient and tried to close it and restart it with the task manager and there it says the the sims is "not responding". But I've checked the status on task manager every time ever since and sometimes it ends up loading even though the status was "not responding" on the task manager.

It says I've still got 147GB free of 342GB on my local disk? I'm not really sure whats wrong with it at the moment is my laptop just slow because before island paradise it loads really quickly. Was the additional expansion pack just too much for my laptop? Its a Probook 4331s btw.

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

Last edited by Cou on Thu 01 Aug 2013, 13:35; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Will not load after installation of Island Paradise Empty Re: Will not load after installation of Island Paradise

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 21:56

It was probably to much memory for you laptop to handle even my computer takes about 3 minutes for the launcher but yea it looks like its just to much info for you laptop try scanning you laptop if it can run island paradise at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri that should help you maybe.

Back to top Go down

Will not load after installation of Island Paradise Empty Re: Will not load after installation of Island Paradise

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jun 2013, 22:28

Cou wrote:I've installed Island Paradise and everything in the installation process went smoothly, but for some reason the game takes a very long time to launch. The launcher appears after around 3-5 minutes of actually clicking the shortcut. After the game itself launches the screen turns black and the cursor is the busy/pending cursor. The game has successfully loaded before but only once or twice. The rest of the time the screen just remains black with the cursor on it.

I've gotten impatient and tried to close it and restart it with the task manager and there it says the the sims is "not responding". But I've checked the status on task manager every time ever since and sometimes it ends up loading even though the status was "not responding" on the task manager.

It says I've still got 147GB free of 342GB on my local disk? I'm not really sure whats wrong with it at the moment is my laptop just slow because before island paradise it loads really quickly. Was the additional expansion pack just too much for my laptop? Its a Probook 4331s btw.

Hello,

I will soon open a new topic on this in the "In-game problems" section. But until then, try the following things:

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Lower the resolution of your computer to 1024 x 768. Then try starting the game. You might even bypass the launcher by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (= the base game location).

Also try to re-boot your computer. Then try again to start the game.

Yes, I also had some "black screens" already. But luckily I managed to get the game working again - with the things I just described. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 05:34

Its still not working ;A;

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:33

Hello,

Do you have any mods/cc? Those can be an issue as well and it can be helpful to remove the mods folder from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to test this.
If that helps, go through your mods folder to check that they're all up to date.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:22

I took out the mods folder and it worked once, but every time I've tried after that has still resulted in a black screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 14:58

I've the same problem: "The launcher appears after around 3-5 minutes of actually clicking the shortcut. After the game itself launches the screen turns black and the cursor is the busy/pending cursor. The game has successfully loaded before but only once or twice. The rest of the time the screen just remains black with the cursor on it."
I've tried to remove mod folder, but nothing.
I've tried to clear some stuff (as it's written here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t10776-guide-sims-3-university-life-all-in-game-problems-fix plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"), but still nothing.
So, i've deleted The Sims 3 folder to recreate it, automatically, by the game; i've put only mod folder.. and the game loads, everytime.
So, i think, the problem isn't mod folder but something else, right?!
Maybe it is caused by installed sims3packs?
I've video card updated.. before The sims 3 Island Paradise and patch 1.55, the game worked and loaded perfectly.
Help me. :'(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:47

Please open a new topic...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jul 2013, 08:17

guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jul 2013, 09:59

You said it worked once, which is weird. Do you mean to say the second time it didn't work anymore?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2013, 07:39

Yeah it didn't work the first time, but then it somehow worked the second time. But all the times I've tried after that it wouldn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 12:47

Guys is there really no solution to this? ;________; I'm really itching to play Island paradise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top