Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Adventures issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures issue Empty World Adventures issue

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:37

I'm trying to install World Adventures but every time I try it gives me an error.  At first I thought it was because I installed everything and then World Adventures but since I've uninstalled everything else and I'm still getting the error I'm going to guess that isn't the issue.  I -am- running Sims 3 with a disc because I received Sims 3 Plus Pets as a gift but World Adventures worked fine on my desktop using the disc, now I just can't seem to get it to work on my laptop.  Anyway, here is the error.

World Adventures issue Error11

Back to top Go down

World Adventures issue Empty Re: World Adventures issue

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:48

_Ink_ wrote:I'm trying to install World Adventures but every time I try it gives me an error.  At first I thought it was because I installed everything and then World Adventures but since I've uninstalled everything else and I'm still getting the error I'm going to guess that isn't the issue.  I -am- running Sims 3 with a disc because I received Sims 3 Plus Pets as a gift but World Adventures worked fine on my desktop using the disc, now I just can't seem to get it to work on my laptop.  Anyway, here is the error.

World Adventures issue Error11

Hello,

Open the "Start menu", then go into the "Run" application. In the prompt, type in regedit.

Now look at this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t177-can-t-find-the-sims-3-sku-fix

Go to that registry location, and you should see (on the right-hand side) a registry entry named SKU. Right-click on it and select "Change/Modify" or whatever this is called in English.

Change the value...

• 01 = US
  • 02 = World Wide (incl. Australia & New Zealand)
  • 03 = Asian
  • 05 = Japan
  • 17 = Digital Download

Probably you have to change it to "2", but you may have to try several different "region codes".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 00:01

Oh, I wish I'd mentioned that I couldn't find that part since it was mentioned in the installation guide.  Thanks to your link I found out why I couldn't find it and it looks like 2 is going to work for my region code.  Thanks for your help, trying to figure out what I'd done wrong was driving me crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top